rabbits and carrots

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tristaw.

Reaction score
just curious, none of my bunnies past and present could tolerate even a teeny bit of carrot. they all got very smushy poop. just wondering if any one else has noticed this with their rabbits? I know carrots are high in sugar so they have never had much but on rare occasion they have had a baby carrot or half a baby carrot and the mushy poops follow. any idea why?

I think each rabbit is slightly different in what they can tollerate, which is why you try veggies in small amounts. I give my girls two baby carrots a couple times a week and they are fine. *shrug*

All of mine love carrots. I buy the shredded ones for my babies. They love those on their greens. Plus I dehydrate carrots as an additional treat which they like too.

Such spoilt bunnies.

Susan:biggrin2:

Out of curiosity I fed 6 of our rabbits part of a carrot, just to see what they'd do. Only one ate part of it and the others just ignored it. I found that interesting since the stereotype is that rabbits love carrots.

Carrots are high in calcium too so they should be given as a treat. Oftentimes, due to the stereotype, people will over feed carrots and then end up worried to death bc urine looks bloody!! lol The pigment in carrots and the levels of calcium make bunny urine turn dark orange and often release some excess sludge from the bladder. On the other hand, both my bunnies love carrots!!! My bf loves feeding Acacia carrots but I have to stop him most of the time :p

Back