Rabbits and bread slices.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfdogstwo

Reaction score
I was looking at some rabbits on craigslist that are for sale and I noticed there were slices of bread in there pin. It looked like wheat bread slices. Is it safe to feed a rabbit sandwich bread?

Bread should be avoided. Here is a link from the British Research Council (http://www.thebrc.org/diet.htm)

The relevant quote is...
High fat or high carbohydrate/starchy treats should be avoided completely. These include commercial "treats" such as honey sticks, beans, peas, corn, bread, breakfast cereal, biscuits, nuts, seeds, crisps and chocolate.

And from Myhouserabbit.com
Do not feed your rabbit items high in carbohydrates like breads, crackers, pasta, pretzels, cookies, chips, or cereal.

I was looking at some rabbits on craigslist.....

You said it right there. Sadly, a lot of animals on Craigslist are there because they just aren't cared for anymore. Maybe the rabbit has just become a decoration in the corner, or maybe the owner ran out of food and figures they don't need to buy more when selling the pet. Either way, they fall by the wayside.

Back