Rabbits and ants-- can they live together? ... and a story

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fish2026

Reaction score
Birthday our Flemish Giant has a fairly large 10x 12 pen where he enjoys afternoon shade. It does get to 92 in southtexas but we usually have an ocean breeze and we live only 55 ft backfrom water.

Ive noticed however that there are small ants the come and inhabit theeast side of his pen. They are attracted by food no doubt.

Birthday still prefers to hang out in the "ant" side of the pen. Last night he was eating watermelon that had ants in it.

These same ants bite me are they biting him? I sprayed them once but didnt want Birthday injesting any toxins.

Is this a problem?

--------------------------------------------------

Getting thrown out of HEB Supermarket on Saturday:

My daughter and I and my exs daughter ( shes spends weekend sometimes)had all been swimming and we were hungry. So we went to thesupermarket. We werent in there 5 minutes when the new manager said "IM sorry you will have to leave"

I knew my hair was messy maybe I was still wet from swimming butgeez--it shouldnt have been a big deal. I looked at my daughter Hattieage 5 and she as always was behaving well-wearing flip flops but- sowhat? Erin was being good too- so why the problem??? I suppose if I hadto guess why this was all happening to us - the answer might lie withBirthday the large brown Flemish Giant in the cart hurrying us over tothe fruit and veggie dept, and to a lesser extent the growing crowdfollowing us around.

the new manager told us "Live animals in stores are against state law"Someone pointed out to him that I was an attorney and trying to makethe best of a losing case I told him "BIrthday is a STUFFED rabbit" Atthat point Birthday however who had been stretched out quietly andalmost motionless - decided to re-position himself( the hardest partabout practicing law is the clients you have to defend). The managersaid " I dont think so" and my retort was "Well you werent around tosee all that Birthday ate at Fulton Fun Fest for the past two hourswere you?" Hattie chimed in "He really is stuffed and cant eat anymore" ( Hattie was putting SPIN into the situation there has never beena time when BIRTHDAU couldnt eat more.

The manager seeing that popular opinion was against him- even hisemployees were coming up for a quick pet, offered to do our shoppingfor us. IN the Erin they let Erin and Birthday sit in the front whileHattie and I shopped.

-------------------

LOL If you liked this perhaps sometime I can relate the story of when i just had to bring Birthday to court with me.

fish2026 wrote:
-------------------

LOL If you liked this perhaps sometime I can relate the story of when i just had to bring Birthday to court with me.

Birthdayis obviously a "support animal" and he was helpingyou find the watermelon:cool:(Put a harness on him to make itlook a little more official in court LOL)

That story was hilarious!

I brought my little Dachshund into a mall one time because she had beenstung by something and I had to give her medicine. I couldn't stay homebut I wanted to make sure she wouldn't react to the medication, so Ibrought her with me. The security guard told me that dogs weren'tallowed in the mall, to which I replied"She's my seeing eyedog." And he was like(in his 'I'm a tough security guard'voice) "Well, she doesn't seem to be bothering anyone, so I guess shecan stay."

Latest posts

Back