Rabbitry Tour

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful angoras! My only comment (not a breeder here) is that you might want to put some boards in the cages so they can have somewhere to rest off of the wire to protect their feet. They all look so healthy and clean otherwise, so you must be doing it right!!

tonyshuman wrote:
Beautiful angoras! My only comment (not a breeder here) is that you might want to put some boards in the cages so they can have somewhere to rest off of the wire to protect their feet. They all look so healthy and clean otherwise, so you must be doing it right!!

Ah I actually do have a couple mats in one of my does cages but I didn't take any pictures of her. I keep an eye on everyone's feet and only provide the mats when I see issue beginning to develop. Otherwise I try to do without them because they can get a little messy (sanitation takes priority with me).

So far sore hocks have been a fairly rare occurrence for me thankfully.

Very nice! I love our buns! They are gorgeous.

For a rabbitry tour you might also want to show more of the whole area, not just the rabbits and a small walkway. No offense or anything.

None taken. It's a fairly small space, I've just tried to place my cages as efficiently as possible and the result has been less space me, more for my rabbits. In order to take a full shot I'd have to back up into my yard. With the weather as it is I didn't feel it was necessary.

Here are some shots from the summer though.

rabtry5.jpg

rabtry1.jpg

As you can see my old ramps were made of foam core. Cheap, workable, but I wasn't happy with its durability. I recently ripped it all out and replaced it with tarping, which has added more of a grade and better insulation for the winter months.:)

Also what you see in the tour is as everything stands now. This is my work in progress. I will be adding more cages in the spring, then I'll definitely have to stand outside to give you the overall shot.

I know what you mean about small space! I'd have to stand back to get a pic of my rabbitry also:biggrin2:.

You havea nice setup! How many holes do you have? Like I have afifteen hole rabbitry and ten holes are filled.

Thanks! I have 24 holes in the barn and a dozen or so in the basement, 20 are filled.

The basement is my secondary area reserved for quarantine, nesting moms and babies (of course not all at the same time). The cages there are much smaller save for the nest hutches which open from the top instead of from the side. (I find it is less stressful for some buns, or at least easier to check on the babies without getting chomped)

Very cool set-up! I feel for ya on the lack of space ;) I like your cage system, too, how the cages are hanging, and the pans/boxes underneath catch the pooh/pee and other waste. Very nice. ;)

Your bunnies are so cute and furry! :) I LOVE Satin Angoras! They are so cute! I've only ever seen a few in real life, but I got to pet one and she was the sweetest little girl! She was a red....:)

Emily

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
Very cool set-up! I feel for ya on the lack of space ;) I like your cage system, too, how the cages are hanging, and the pans/boxes underneath catch the pooh/pee and other waste. Very nice. ;)

Your bunnies are so cute and furry! :) I LOVE Satin Angoras! They are so cute! I've only ever seen a few in real life, but I got to pet one and she was the sweetest little girl! She was a red....:)

Emily

Thank you very much.

Yes Satin Angoras really are a nice breed. We need to get the word out and help increase their popularity.;) Same goes for the Silver Fox.

Latest posts

Back