Rabbit won’t drink water

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caitland988

Reaction score
My rabbit had gas and indigestion a couple weeks ago that she was treated for. She is now acting normal eating pellets, hay, veggies and pooping (yay)! But I don’t feel like she is drinking any water. I used to give her a bottle but after the vet visit I provided both a bottle and bowl. She never drinks out of the bottle and I don’t see her go to the bowl either. Can I add some fruit juice in her water to convince her to drink water? Is there a way to know if she is drinking from the bowl?

She'll drink if she needs to. Her wet greens may be providing all she needs. Do not add juice or anything to the water. That may only make her refuse regular water in the future.

My rabbit had gas and indigestion a couple weeks ago that she was treated for. She is now acting normal eating pellets, hay, veggies and pooping (yay)! But I don’t feel like she is drinking any water. I used to give her a bottle but after the vet visit I provided both a bottle and bowl. She never drinks out of the bottle and I don’t see her go to the bowl either. Can I add some fruit juice in her water to convince her to drink water? Is there a way to know if she is drinking from the bowl?

I agree, if transitioning from bottle to bowl, mark where water line in once you fill and place. I found it easier for Thumper if I placed bowl under water bottle. It will drip. Its takes a lil time yo adjust. I would check levels morn, evening, and night! Also is your Bun inside or outside? Mine like it when I put a couple frozen blueberry's in the water bowl. Good luck. I've house and litter box trained 5 Rabbits. They say I'm the Rabbit Guru Lol!

Latest posts

Back