Rabbit treat: is it safe?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunloves

Reaction score
Hi I'm just wondering if this food is safe for rabbits as treats. I'm also wondering how often you should feed treats to your bunny. Is it ok to feed half a treat one day? Or should I just feed him treats twice a week. This treat is by Oxbow and its a Simple Rewards Bakes Treats with cranberry. Please let me know. Thanks!! (PS my bunny is still young so I cannot feed him fruits.)

IMAG2213.jpg

IMAG2212.jpg

These are probably some of the best store bought treats you can buy for your rabbit. I only buy Oxbow treats, any other treats I give to my rabbits are fruit. I feed these a couple times a week, no more than 2 a day. Exactly how old is your rabbit?

I agree! Oxbow makes great stuff. But since it's a treat, I would not give more than one a day, two if bunny really really begs.. Oh but since bunny is a baby maybe just a half a cookie for now.. And introduce gradually.

Those are better than some, but I personally don't like to feed treats with sugars and grains in them, as these tend to lead to digestive upset and mushy poop for some rabbits, especially young ones. I prefer to use leafy greens, herbs, and forage for treats. Healthier and less likely to cause gut imbalance.

Babies are even more prone to developing digestive issues, so if you do want to feed those, I would wait a couple more months til your bunny is past the most susceptible age for getting gut illnesses. Then when you do introduce them, do it slowly. starting with a small piece, and gradually increasing the size of the piece.

Back