Rabbit Toys

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LiRa92

Reaction score
Okay. Here's the situation. I have two buns. Poe and Monday. They are not staying in one cage so they have not been socializing that much except when I let them out together on the grass to play. When they are on their own cage, I noticed that they got stressed out and bored. So, two days ago, I gave each of them a towel (cotton + polyester). I can see that they enjoyed playing with the towel. Then, just now when I was cleaning their cage, I saw some ripped parts on Monday's towel. He ate it. Thank God he's okay and still has a normal pooping activity but I don't think I am going to let him play with towels anymore. That's Monday's story. Now there's Poe, my other bunny, he eats pretty much everything that is in front of him, papers, t-shirt, newspapers, jeans, spoon, sofa's surfaces, plastics, cups, my hair, my parents' hair and his favorite item is his comb. Every time I let him out of his cage, I had to supervise every steps he takes to make sure that he doesn't eat anything weird for his tummy. The question is, what kind of toys should I give to my bunny in this situation? I just want the best for them. :dunno :bunnyhug:

Here are some homemade rabbit toys:

Cardboard rolls from toilet paper and paper towels are great chew toys.

Boxes full of shredded paper, junk mail or magazines can be used for playful digging and scratching.

Cat toys that your bunny can roll or toss and bird toys that can be hung and batted or chewed can be fun.

Human baby rattles or mobiles make great playthings for rabbits.

Hard plastic lids from laundry detergent and softener bottles.

Stuff a clean, old sock with hay and tie the end for a fun toy. You can add a treat such as a slice of banana for added enjoyment.

You can tie extra shoelaces around the rabbit's cage for it to play with.

Make a wooden rabbit chew toy by buying un-used & untreated wooden spoons.

Small stuffed animals can be fun toys for some rabbits.

Dried pine cones, dried branches, twigs, straw whisk brooms, hand towels and even old telephone books.

Paper cups are easy for your rabbit to pick up and carry and toss around.

Crumpled bits of paper will entice some rabbits to play like a cat, batting the paper around.

Oatmeal boxes make great rabbit toys. Cut the ends off oatmeal boxes, and they make instant rabbit toys.

If you want you can also find cute rabbit toys at your local pet stores or online :) Petco/Petsmart have some great toys that my bunnies love :)

Hope I helped!

iLuvMyLilBuns wrote:
Here are some homemade rabbit toys:

Cardboard rolls from toilet paper and paper towels are great chew toys.

Boxes full of shredded paper, junk mail or magazines can be used for playful digging and scratching.

Cat toys that your bunny can roll or toss and bird toys that can be hung and batted or chewed can be fun.

Human baby rattles or mobiles make great playthings for rabbits.

Hard plastic lids from laundry detergent and softener bottles.

Stuff a clean, old sock with hay and tie the end for a fun toy. You can add a treat such as a slice of banana for added enjoyment.

You can tie extra shoelaces around the rabbit's cage for it to play with.

Make a wooden rabbit chew toy by buying un-used & untreated wooden spoons.

Small stuffed animals can be fun toys for some rabbits.

Dried pine cones, dried branches, twigs, straw whisk brooms, hand towels and even old telephone books.

Paper cups are easy for your rabbit to pick up and carry and toss around.

Crumpled bits of paper will entice some rabbits to play like a cat, batting the paper around.

Oatmeal boxes make great rabbit toys. Cut the ends off oatmeal boxes, and they make instant rabbit toys.

If you want you can also find cute rabbit toys at your local pet stores or online :) Petco/Petsmart have some great toys that my bunnies love :)

Hope I helped!

Thanks for the ideas but I mentioned that my bunny Poe eats almost everything he sees. Are there homemade rabbit toys that are edible to rabbits?

My rabbits like plastic keys. You can get them in the baby section of most stores. They are hard plastic that they can not eat. I also give mine Wiffle balls. They can not get their teeth around them. My rabbits roll them around and roll them over their heads. You can also give paper towel/ tp roles. Paper towels are a fun shredding toy for my bunnies.

ldoerr wrote:
My rabbits like plastic keys. You can get them in the baby section of most stores. They are hard plastic that they can not eat. I also give mine Wiffle balls. They can not get their teeth around them. My rabbits roll them around and roll them over their heads. You can also give paper towel/ tp roles. Paper towels are a fun shredding toy for my bunnies.

Thank you! the paper roles and paper towels, are those edible for them? I have some at home.

All edible:

seagrass mats
willow baskets, balls, cubes, rings
paper towel tubes (can stuff with hay)
untreated wood chews
apple sticks

You can also check out binkybunny.com for ideas.

Qtip likes to eat her toys too. I give her toilet paper tubes, cardboard boxes (like oatmeal boxes), and wood bird toys. We go to our local pet store (which is mostly a bird store) and pick out things that are made of just wood...or wood and that loofah material. It's good for her teeth, and doesn't matter if she chews it up.

Back