rabbit toys

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iloveallrabbits

Reaction score
i was wondering what kind of toys are safe to give to a rabbit?

I realy need help i am soooo new at taking care of rabbits. any advice is good advice!

Hello!

Welcome to the Rabbit forumsiloveallrabbits! Pleased to meet you! :)You can give rabbitsbaby toys..like rattles and those plastic keys. You can also get orgive them toys from the pet stores near you. Supposdly Petco orPetsmart!

The most loved toy so far for my buns - papertowel roll with hay stuck inside. They will go at it for hours, andit's good for their teeth! You can also use plastic cat toys with bellsin them, bird toys, baby toys, empty boxes.. so many things you canwhip into a toy with a little creativity. They (or mine aren't) toopicky. :D

Oh, and by the way, welcome to the board! :)

~Nichole

SLRabbits wrote:
The most loved toy so far for my buns - paper towel rollwith hay stuck inside. They will go at it for hours, and it's good fortheir teeth! You can also use plastic cat toys with bells in them, birdtoys, baby toys, empty boxes.. so many things you can whip into a toywith a little creativity. They (or mine aren't) too picky. :D

Oh, and by the way, welcome to the board! :)

~Nichole

I wanted to do the paper towel with hay toy for Wrigley, but I wasworried that the glue on it might not be good for him? I knowI'm probably over reacting, but I just want to be sure :D

LOL. Yes it is always better to be safe thensorry. I have never heard anything that would suggest it would not beok for them.. I really think it's at your own descretion. But my bunshaven't had any problems. If they can eat latex gloves and plasticwithout getting sick (lol, my rabbits are bad), I think the towel rollsare a breeze. xD

~Nichole

I wont give my bunnies cardboard or paper becauseof the fact that cardboard seems to have so much glue (paper towelrolls, etc.) and they eat it like hay. I'm worried it may be harmful totheir systems.

During the past posts..Ibelieve that Caroyln has stated that Cardboard (paper towel rolls etc.)are actually really good for them because the cardboard helps themnarrow down there teeth to make them healthy. I'm planning to do thesame with Emmy! L0L. The wooden blocks I've bought her isn't workingwell. She barely nibbles or chews on it..I guess the paper towel rollsare our last resort?

Cardboard would not be very effecting in wearingdown teeth. No better than hay at least. Plus my bunnies have plenty ofchews in their cages so I don't have a problem. I'm too concerned aboutan impaction because pumpkin and pineapple wont fix it if it'scardboard.

MyBunnyBoys wrote:
Cardboard would not be very effecting in wearing down teeth.No better than hay at least. Plus my bunnies have plenty of chews intheir cages so I don't have a problem. I'm too concerned about animpaction because pumpkin and pineapple wont fix it if it'scardboard.
Our vet said Hay is enough to keep their teeth worndown, but wood chews and things like that are fine also.

I give mine paper towel rolls and they absolutelylove it. Plus, it keeps them away from chewing other things I don'twant them to, such as baseboards and chair legs and stuff.

I also give them untreated wicker baskets. They go nuts when I give them one of those.

We took the interlocking baby rings (like in Bo'savatar) and hung them from the top of the cage. I then take atoiletpaper tube and slip the edge into the little slot in one of therings. Chippy played with that for hours. I also tried it with a smallpiece of her baby blankie. She loved it.

All 5 of my buns have enjoyed toiletpaper tubes and cardboard since Ihad them and I've yet to see any ill effects. However, I do stay awayfrom anything that has printing on it because of the ink. Any kind ofprocessed paper is probably not good for them either.

I would stay away from tissues and/or toilet paper, too. That stuff isnasty when it gets wet so I can imagine what it does inside a bunnie.Could probably cause impaction.

Jim

We hang stuff from those interlocking rings also! lol

We've put a banana slice in the "lock" place and made him reach to get it out.

I think it's really good to make them "work" a bit for food.They would have to in the wild and it's entertaining forthem.

We had a salad basket, but he tore it down and busted it :X

Back