Rabbit Thinks She's Pregnant

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbits4me

Reaction score
One of my american chinchillas thinks she is pregnant and is pulling fur from her dewlap and is lining it in her cage. I know that this is not unheard of but I am unsure what I should do. Should I take the fur out or should I let her continue constructing a nest?

Let her build her nest and leave it for few days. If to take the nest away too soon, she might rebuild and then have no fur left! Once she realizes there are no babies, she'll abandon the nest. It usually takes my bun about 2 days to abandon the nest and I clean it up.
I would go ahead and give her some extra hay and maybe a sheet of newspaper, to give her lots of building materials to use. My bun loves newspaper and cardboard for her nests.

I made a thread last week about nests, if she does build one. Share the picture on the thread! http://www.rabbitsonline.net/f14/show-me-your-nests-76322/

Thanks! That is all I needed to know and I will try to remember to post a pic of her nest.

Latest posts

Back