Rabbit Space

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

euphoriax

Reaction score
Hello! So, my lionhead rabbit Oliver has been with me for almost two years now. For the longest time he had been able to run around my room, and use a hutch as a home base. However, I have a cat who loves me and is very attached to me, but she is actually scared of my bunny. Oliver doesn't care about her and ignores her, but my kitty is horrified of his presence. Because of this, recently I put Oliver in a smaller space with xpen panels. But ever since then, he hasn't been running around and it makes me sad because I think he doesn't have enough space.

At this point will I have to sacrifice my cat coming into my room to love on me, and let Ollie back into my room fully (i.e take down the panels?)? Or is there a different way to maximize his space? 20230515_184904.jpg

you could try giving the bunny some time alone (or free roam) with you for about an hour (or however long you wish to be in the room) and then do the same with your cat. just to distribute even quality time that they spend with you but while also keeping them apart

I assume your cat has free range of the rest of your home? It's up to you, but it seems that keeping the cat out of the room seems the more fair option for the rabbit. You could even allow your cat in your room now & then and, just for that time, use a foldable ex-pen to easily setup for your rabbit. That way your rabbit gets his usual free roaming for the majority of the time and is only confined (with the convenient, easy to set up, ex-pen) when your cat is visiting.

https://www.amazon.com/MidWest-Foldable-Metal-Exercise-Playpen/dp/B000H8YTJI

Back