rabbit sneeze problem?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yan1218

Reaction score
my rabbit sneezed once today when he is drinking from water bottle. Then, I watched him the whole day and he seems fine. And I didn't see any discharge, runny nose, matted paws either? Could it be just that he got water into his nose and that's why he sneezed or does he has snuffles? Also, my rabbit books said rabbit shakes his ear means he is annoyed, but can also means ear mite. I checked his ear, and there is no brown waxy thing in his ear? How do I know if it meant annoyed or ear mites?

Aw, what a caring bunny slave!

My bunnies will sneeze when they drink and when they get dust up their nose from pellets or hay, nothing to worry about.

How often is he shaking his ears?I think he'd be shaking themoften with mites or other problems. If it looks clean, smells clean, no dandruff or brown stuff, should be okay, but do keep in mind inner ear abscesses are not very visible at all, even to the vet, so it is behaviour to keep an eye on.

And welcome to the forum! :welcome1

sas :)

Welcome to the forum:wave:!

Yes, mine sneezes sometimes when he drinks, moreso when he's grooming and he's shedding/molting.

The shaking of the head is normal too, if it's not all the time or alot. They get an occasional itch and that's their first reaction before grooming the itchy area.;)

Good Luck. Should be normal.;)

Hi!

Yeah, mine occassionally do both things, too. Maisie seems to be quirky in the way she drinks, too, because sometimes she'll do this silly little grunty snorty sound after she's had some to drink, and then sneeze. I think she gets water up her nose! Hehe...

And the head shaking, not a big deal...probably hay tickled her ears. :)

You're obviously a GREAT bunny slave to worry, though! :D

:hug:

Thanks for all of the responses. He seems fine right now,but I will keep an eye on him just to be sure. I got him for 4 years, and I never saw him sneeze, so I got kind of scared.

By the way, this forum have so many great information, I learned a lot.Thanks!

When Louis gets his snuffle infections -- which are FREQUENTLY -- he sneezes when he runs around and plays and sometimes when he is minding his own business and not doing anything -- when he does all 4 feet leave the floor at the same time as he is so little LOL

Back