Rabbit shows

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haley Rose

Reaction score
For every rabbit show do you have to have a pedigree? I would relly like to put my rabbits in a rabbit show. But I can't because none of them have pedigrees.:rabbithop:rabbithop:rabbithop

You probably mean "Netherland Dwarf". There are 3 breeds of Chinchilla (American, Standard and Giant) as well as many breeds that come in that variety.

You would need to be able to identify the breeds of rabbits you have as well as the color of your Netherland Dwarf.

Pictures would be of immense help - or have an experienced breeder in your area identify your rabbits and not any disqualifications they may have.

You might also consider joining a 4-H club in your area.

Pam

All I know is that i have 2 dwarfs and 1 chinchila the chinchila is eather a giant or an american.

You'll need to know what breed they are to enter them in an ARBA show. You'll need to know the Netherland Dwarf's variety as well.

There's a "BIG" difference between the American and Giant Chinchillas. How old are they and do you know their weights.

Pam

Hello, Scamper looks just like a cottontail but smaller?! we will try to put images

That would be great! I would also like to know their weights.

The color of the wild rabbit is "Chestnut Agouti". Many breeds have that coloration including Netherland Dwarfs.

Pam

Just wanted to add that some of the 4H shows have a category for mixed breed or pet quality buns. For example, when my hubby was a kid he showed New Zealand Whites in their breed category and a mismarked pet dutch in a "pets only" category. That way you can still show rabbits that don't match their breed standards very well. 4H rabbit programs also usually teach how to care for and handle rabbits.

Latest posts

Back