Rabbit Shows in IL

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to help! I know I have had trouble with theARBA show schedule page on my computer, I'm not sure why. It doesn'tgive contact info for the show secretaries, either, which is important.Are you going to be showing, or just attending for the fun of seeingall the different kinds of rabbits?

just seeing the different rabbits, as i donthave any of my own yet.. and if i can talk my hubby to drive all theway out there... i live about 30 minutes from downtownChicago...

well round trip from here to bloomington IL is 3 hours 23 minutes....

TheDecatur show round trip is 4 hours4 minutes..

Do you know if breeders have rabbits for sale at those types of shows?

Oh, yeah, definatly. There'll be tons for sale,LOL. If you go to the November show in Peoria, you will probably seesome of mine too! I would have gone to the one last month, I usuallydo, but I am saving every penny so I can go to the Mini Rex Nationalsthis year and hopefully get some really good breeding stock to add tomy lines. I probably won't get another chance to get to the Nationalsfor a long time, they are in Missouri this year, I think next year islike New York or something.

that would be great if i could only find someoneto go with me for the drive... i dont like driving to places i havenever been to that are far away alone...

see the post of mine above yours... for distance...

Breeders not only have rabbits for sale at the shows - the frequently are GIVING AWAY rabbits at the shows.

I know that at Seguin I'm going to have some pet quality lionheads I'll probably be giving away (Seguin, TX - March 17)....

Peg

Many times breeders will give away an olderrabbit that they are retiring and want to see it go to a good home. Orthey have pet quality rabbits (a larger number than they'd like) andthey want them to go to a good home.

In my case, I have several bucks that are adorable - but they take upcage space and food. Most of them are black. Could I sell them? Sure.I'll probably ask like $5 or $10 for them (but give them away if it isto some younger child who is just starting in rabbits and loveslionheads). It depends upon the situation.

Black is not an overly popular color in this area for lionheads...

Peg

Hippity_Hoppity wrote:
hmm why do theygive them away? too many people just interested in the Show type ofanimal?

i never really gave the thought of what color iwould prefer... im just looking for a nice friendly rabbit... thatwould like petting and being held somewhat... and ofcourse beingspoiled :) I am looking for temperment first... :)

gentle giants wrote:
I know there is one in Bloomington on the 24th of thismonth. There is also one twice a year in Peoria, in February and inNovember. The best place to look for Illinois shows is the IRBA(Illinois Rabbit Breeders Ass.) website.

http://www.nordickrabbits.com/default.htm

I'm in Peoria! I need to remember that, you don't see itadvertised. I went to one about two years ago w/ a co-worker,it was close to my work at the time. It was reallyneat! I got to see some Flemmys! They were almostas bigas golden retrievers:shock:.

Yeah, you can see some nice Flemish at thePeoria shows, some of the best Flemish breeders in IL go to thoseshows. Myrl Costa is one of them, and there is a whole list of othernames that totally are escaping me at the moment! The show is held atthe Exposition Gardens. Of course, there are also my gorgeousGentle Giants at these shows! My Sammy took best Sr light grey buck atlast year's November show.

DSCF0473.jpg

Back