Rabbit show Sunday

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amdfarm

Reaction score
Okay, now I'm pretty excited for the rabbit show on Sunday. Not as nervous as I was before, but I'm sure that will come back to haunt me on Sunday morning when we're checking in.

We're meeting a good friend and fellow Flemish breeder there today and staying in a hotel so we don't have to travel so early w/ three kids Sunday morning. She's gonna help me sex the kits and mark them for me so I can keep track. We're going to have bunny fun. She's looking forward to meeting Hope and her kits, as she's wanting on her babies. She's got a black and steel litter and we might trade kits and I'll get a black. Haven't decided yet. We were going to take the runt, but turns out she's a doe and not a buck like we first thought. Her kits are two weeks and 1 day younger than mine so we've got time to watch them grow up some more before we decide.

Hoping to come home w/ more bunnies either way. Either Elop or Flop. Depends on what's at the show. My friend is only bringing one bun to show, but she's coming home w/ like 8! LOL She's getting a small herd of Cinnamons to try and keep them in the ARBA breed list. Their numbers are very low. She's also getting a white FG buck named Hoover! haha

Hope's full sister from the same litter placed 3rd at the Flemish nationals last weekend out of 10, so I'm "hopeful" for Hope! :)

L.

Kudos to your friend for helping keep some buns on the table with arba. I can't wait for them to approve lionheads. Right now it's kinda a pain to show them. On the other hand I can't wait for our hotots to come avaible for showing.

Good luck with Hope! Shows are so much fun and they are addicting! Let us know how she does.... :)

Thanks, Lindy! She came home w/ 3 new cinnamons, youngsters. She's trying to talk me into adding that breed to help out, too. She's got a buck so I'd only need to get a doe and she got a couple does also. I'm thinking about it. Not sure just how many breeds I need at the moment. Need to establish what I have already first. :) Good luck on getting the LH's approved. It's long overdue I think.

Sorry, Angela, it was at Amana, IA. Nice show venue.

Thanks, Lindsey! Rabbit shows are a lot of fun. Lots of great bunny people out there and cavies, too!

I probably shouldn't have taken Hope until after her kits were weaned and she's was back on track weight wise. Granted, she still made weight just fine, but she's young and got some growing to do to compete w/ the older senior does.

There were only 3 sr. does in her class and she got last in both shows, which I kinda figured. But I got some nice comments about her from the judges, although one of them hated her color.. I happen to love her color, but I'm not a judge. She's too light and needs darker tips and lacing. So this fall or next spring I'm going to breed her to a steel buck in hopes of helping w/ the kits color. I will still show her after her kits are weaned and she finishes maturing and then decide to use her as a brood doe and pet only or if I'll still show her. UGH...

Starting a new thread though for the best news of the show. Had a great time and can't wait for the next one!

DON'T breed her to a steel.

I'm serious - you need to find a darker light gray buck...but breeding her to a steel is not the answer. I need to find the article by the breeder Harmony came from (I had her shipped in from New England) - he's been breeding light gray for 20 some years and he talks about why its not a good idea to bring in the steel genetics.

I understand - I breed light grays also. But I have to keep my steels totally separate.

amdfarm I wish I had known you were at the show. I was there checking out the bunnies for sale. I almost bought the Flemish Fawn doe that was for sale and I put tickets in on that light gray buck in the drawing. I was shocked that there were not any Checkered Giants or Satins being shown:shock:
Had to pick up some supplies from Klubertanz and Wolfe's.

Are you going to the Waterloo show next month?

Thanks guys! I won't breed her to a steel then. Will look for a better buck .

Hope is 10 months. She'll be a year in June.

Well bummer Corely! Wished i'd known u were there, too. That was my friend's light gray buck in the raffle. Yes, will probably be at the Waterloo show. Let me know if u go and we'll hook up. :)

Hopefully she'll do better at a show after getting the kits weaned.

My only other recommendation if you get other flemish, I would wait til they are older to breed. You will hear LOTS of different things, but energy going into baby making is energy not going into her growing. You said she still made weight, but I'd wait til pretty much a year for the Flemish. I wait 11 months til about a year for the Elops

Lesson learned Crystal.

I only bred her when I did so i'd have her juniors to show this summer. I'm keeping a daughter and will wait on her to breed til about a year.

Yes on waiting for Lilly, too. She'll be about a year when bred.

Thanks!

Yes, I am going to the Mother's Day rabbit show in Waterloo.

Hoping to find a couple nice Satins (Not minis) My cage space opened up, 2 of the rabbits I was brought by animal control didn't make it:in tears: just to badly malnourished. The one that is left is questionable. I is hard to see a rabbit so thin and have to limit the amount of food it can have in one sitting. Bene Bac does wonders on the malnourished ones usually unless they are to far gone. (Sorry on soapbox)

Hope to see you there, gotta pick up some supplies from Klubertanz again. If Celest were tattooed I would show her,but that will be later.

Oh good, Corely... we'll have to connect before the show so we can meet up. Not sure what I'm going to bring yet. Lilly has some serious ear growing to do before then! I may bring Hope's kits if they're weaned by then, but will only bring the bucks since the doe's are spoken for already.

Sorry to hear two of your rescues didn't make it. Poor things. You did your best and they knew what love and a better life was before they left. Binky free precious buns. Good luck w/ the third one. I don't know how people can let them get to that bad of a state and not do anything about it. Horrible. Bless you for taking them in and trying to bring them back to life.

Bring Celeste... there's always people there w/ tattoo pens that can tattoo for you and for a very reasonable price. Like $2-$5/rabbit.

L.

Why is that Crystal? I don't have anything good enough to show at Convention and all I'd do is spend money I don't have! LOL

Put some cash back! And come check it out!I think I could lodge you up in the hotel with us for your stay.

If you're looking to pick up a good Elop buck, or buck for Hope, it would be a great plae to look.

Thanks for the offer, but maybe next year. There will be others and I've got more shows this year to attend. We have our mini convention this fall here also.

Not looking for bucks of my own yet until I'm set up better. Don't need bucks and does in the house in close proximity of each other making a mess. I need a show doe period! I've got brood does.... must have a show doe! :)

Latest posts

Back