Rabbit show registration question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunterbaby05

Reaction score
Hi all! :) I am entering my rabbits in the essex rabbit and cavy show here in massachusetts :) I emailed the person for these questions but haven't gotten back to me so I'd like to ask them here because soon I won't be able to register. I noticed they have an A & B show and i'm not sure what that is? Also my sister is 13, can she still be entered in the youth? I'm such a noob about all this show stuff!! Thanks so much !!! :) :)

A & B show means there are two shows, held that day. Which usually makes for a long day. LOL I usually enter show A first, see how fast the show is moving along, and then make my decision for show B after that.

Yes, your sister is still a youth. She can show youth until she's over 18.

Do they not allow for day-of-show entries? If not, you'll have to decide whether to do both shows or not. We drive over 3 hours to a show, so if you're close to the show, it may not matter how long it runs.

I've noticed more clubs (at least in our area) are now advertising as being 'early entry shows' instead ofletting everyoneenter the morning of the show. It has helped to keep the show from running long because they can make up the classes and assign judging ahead of time. 'Day of show' entriesusually cost more, too...up to $1 more per rabbit around here.

Wendy, you're lucky you can wait to decide on entering Show B. If entry deadline is, say 8:00 AM day of show in our area, we've always had to decide by 8AM whether we're going to enter both shows or just one show.

i believe otter goes in the tan pattern group. So dwarfs are like Jersey Woolies as they have the Self group, Tan Pattern group, Agouti group, Broken group, etc. But Varieties (as in specific colors such as otter, silver marten, and tan) are still split up i believe into jr and sr bucks and does. It can get quite confusing but on the entry forms for your dwarf just put Black Otter and they will separate the cards and stuff out.

If i remember correctly they will give out a best and best opposite of variety and then a best and best opposite of group? I hope someone else comes in and double cehcks for me. . .

Thankyou for clarifying that for me :) I'm so excited for the show next weekend :) Even if I don't win anything, it will still be lots of fun :)

Latest posts

Back