rabbit shack double hutch

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hailiejade

Reaction score
ive just got a rabbit shack double hutch that you can have as double hutch for two bunnies living seperatly or as hutch with under run with a ladder joing both bits.

my two bunnies are not neutered or bonded yet so need to be seperate my only concern is that where the hole is for the ladder it is just a piece of wood place to cover it up with no lock or anything to hold it down although is pretty much impossible for top bunny 2 move it , worried bottom bunny might be able to push it up if he got really bored , anyone have this hutch

I don't have that hutch, but it might be possible to make some sort of latch. I'd recommend it you do find a latch that works put it on the underneath, so it will b on the bottom bunny's roof, which will mean they can't get to it and hurt themselves on it.

Good luck!

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

a latch would be ideal , im suprised it doesnt have one to be honest although have just realised that the bottom floor is removable so you can have it on grass so seeing as both compartments are the same size should be able to switch the floors , cnt believe i didnt think of that 2 begin with , doh

Good luck. I've been eyeing up a triple Rabbit Shack hutch (first two storeys are 'standard' looking with dark areas on both, but ramp in between) and bottom is an open run. Are they well made?

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

yes , is quite good quality and both bunnies love it , have got the 4ft one which is £120.00 in my local pet shop and got it off ebay for £55.00 , is a good width as well ,as a lot of the hutches ive seen are long but not wide enough or tall enough for bunny to stretch the other way or stand up , its got the decent wiring in the front as well not that stupid mesh stuff that they can chew through if they try hard enough , really pleased with it considering my old hutch was twice the price and no where near as spacious , my older bunny bailey is actually prefering to be in it rather than outside and normally he cant get out the hutch quick enough.

Latest posts

Back