Rabbit puts her ears back when on "high" places

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicolevins

Reaction score
Oreo, my 8 month polish/nethie dwarf isn't a good jumper at all! She is lucky if she can jump 12 inches without 'tripping'.

Well anyway - Oreo was running around my bedroom freely today and I was sitting beside it on my laptop. She hopped on my lap and then jumped up onto the chair. On the chair there were a pile of clothes that Oreo climbed up on. She then jumped from the chair onto the window sill (it was about 3 inches away). But, when she was up on the clothes/window sill she had her ears back which is un-usual for Oreo, cause she usually has her ears up.

Do you think she had her ears back because she was up on a "high" area? (well- higher than her usual living places :p)

Hope you can give me your opinion on it :)

P.S - just noticed there a minute ago..
Oreo is an outdoor rabbit but comes inside for about 4 hours daily. Right now, as I type this, she is running crazy around my bedroom exploring (lol!) and has her ears back. Is it because of the temperature change?

It's odd for bunnies to explore with their ears back, usually they are forward to investigate things. With ears, pointing straight up is alert, pointing forward 45 degrees is investigating/curious, back about 45 degrees is relaxed, back and folded up scared/grumpy/aggressive, laid right back on the body is napping.

When Sebastian's ears are back, he's usually sleeping.
kaos-not-tagged-smiley-5610.gif

When Baci's ears are back, he's usually pissed.
angry-smiley-8031.gif

Can't say with Shade and Cappuncino, they are lops!:p

Hazel's ears are back and folded up most of the time. She is not scared/grumpy/agressive at all, just very laid back and relaxed. But, maybe that's just her kind (she's a Western Cottontail, not a Domestic).

With Oreo, it may be that she is a bit scared when on high places? Or, if she also does it when running araund, maybe she's just more relaxed inside than out, and doesn't feel the need to be "on guard" all the time?

Lol Helen! I love lops :p

Hilde, I think you might be right! She probably is scared, and doesn't feel the need to be alert at all times.. thanks :)

Latest posts

Back