Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LassieBunBun

Reaction score
United States of America, New York state; Upstate
I just made rabbit "popsicles"...kind of. I cut up 1 banana, 4 strawberries, put in six ice cubes in place of water and some oregano. I had my mom blend it all together and I poured it in one of our ice cube trays, I was able to pour 10 servings now it's on the freezer. I know it's a lot of sugar but the buns are only going to get 1 "popsicle" each. I'll update in the reply/comments how they like it when they try it!

Gave the buns their popsicles today and they loved them! Thumper had his gone in less than 20 minutes! Blossom took a little longer but she fully ate hers too which I call a success since she doesn't even like ice cubes in her water.
Here's how they look!

Attachments

• 20230705_113605.jpg
    20230705_113605.jpg
    932.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230705_113615.jpg
    20230705_113615.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Frozen food is not recommended. It can easily upset their delicate digestive system.
I’ve
I just made rabbit "popsicles"...kind of. I cut up 1 banana, 4 strawberries, put in six ice cubes in place of water and some oregano. I had my mom blend it all together and I poured it in one of our ice cube trays, I was able to pour 10 servings now it's on the freezer. I know it's a lot of sugar but the buns are only going to get 1 "popsicle" each. I'll update in the reply/comments how they like it when they try it!
those look tasty but I’m not sure how good “frozen” treats may be. I did figure out a neat recipe for a chewy treat that my bun loves. I bought a natural, long loofah, removed the seeds, cut into 1/4 inch slices and soaked them in 100% blueberry juice (no sugar or additives) for a few hours. I then baked them at 325 for 10 minutes on each side. Let them cool completely. Willow LOVES them!

Last edited:
I’ve

those look tasty but I’m not sure how good “frozen” treats may be. I did figure out a neat recipe for a chewy that my bun loves. I bought a natural, long loofah, removed the seeds, cut into 1/4 inch slices and soaked them in 100% blueberry juice (no sugar or additives) for a few hours. I then baked them at 325 for 10 minutes on each side. Let them cool completely. Willow LOVES them!
You can also use pineapple juice too.
OR I took some bamboo sticks and soaked them in the same blueberry juice and let them dry. She loves those too! (She’s a blueberry lover 😆)

Latest posts

Back