Rabbit pellets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ivy

Reaction score
Hi I live in the uk and I feed my rabbits harringtons pellets at the mo but I won't to change what is the best brand of pellet In the uk thanks

I have 2 pairs of buns (as you have seen on another thread I think) and one pair has the Burgess Excel and gets on great with that but my other pair of smaller buns seem to get on better with the Science Selective, my baby girl having been weaned onto it by her breeder as the vet they use recommends it. Doesn't bother me using two foods and they are the two 'main' rabbit foods so both easy to get.

Are your bunnies mini lops? Just asking as I think (although I'm no expert here! Lol) smaller rabbits tend to be a bit more active and sometimes need a slightly 'richer' food to keep their weight and energy levels up and perhaps the science selective may be worth trying first. It's also higher in fibre. It helps my little boy Dexter keep his weight up nicely even though he can't tolerate a large quantity of pellets, it lets me get away with a smaller portion for him. I don't think the added sugar in the Burgess agrees with him either, although he is a bit dodgy with a lot of foods bless him.

The science selective is alfalfa hay based which may be better for your baby girl if you are feeding her the same as your others as I think baby rabbits are supposed to have alfalfa based pellets while they are growing.

Whatever you choose make sure you change over slowly. :)

Latest posts

Back