Rabbit pee

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CapnEsah

Reaction score
Quick question:
Does neutered rabbit pee have a weaker stench than that of an un-neutered rabbit.
(Boys)

Now I just need to find a vet that knows how to work on bunnies

Also check the protein levels in the food. I can't recall what they are supposed to have, but too high makes the pee stink more. Mine had a food from the feed store that was too high and their pee was awful. I switched to one from Walmart with lower protein and it stopped the smell.

Where are you located? We may be able to help you find a good rabbit vet.

Are you using a litter box? What kind of litter and how often do you clean the box?

this is actually a pertinent question for me as well,Stewie is intact and he has very skunky pee, he's old enough now that he could get it done safely if i can find a good rabbit savy vet in the area, the problem is they are all cat and dog only vets!
he has a litterbox that he uses and i use aspen bedding as litter but it isn't doing anything for the smell, and i don't remember Howie's pee smelling so bad

I was actually wondering about pee too.. Our bun is only 4 months old (French Lop) and his pee actually never smells. I was wondering if this is normal for younger bunnies and if this will change once he becomes sexually mature? We're having him neutered as soon as he's old enough anyway, but I was just curious.

I definitely noticed a huge change in my french lops smell after neutering. I got my boy at 8mos old so i dont know if it was better when he was younger. Neutering also helped with his litter box habits (which were near perfect with only a few stray poos every once in awhile) and also his behavior! He started to hump me every time I came in from messing with my other rabbits and sat down with him and neutering changed that instantaneously.

I used wood pellets for Franklin and it worked as long as i cleaned it weekly. Before being neutered I had to clean it twice to three times a week

I can be sitting in the next room (door open) and tell when Barry's on his litterbox! He has a very Bucky smell. I'm calling for his neuter appointment next Monday. He also has started leaving marking poos that circle his litterbox. Those are extra stinky. Smells skunky. I have no doubt that he'll be less smelly after the snip snip.

Back