Rabbit Medical

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaisyNBuster

Reaction score
Home of the white rabbits, , United Kingdom
I was doing a search on the net for anythingmedical to do with rabbits and stumbled across this site. It goes intodetail about certain illnesses and gives the cause, symptoms, treatmentand medication. It may not be to everyones taste as is quite basic, butit is however easy to understand for a complete rabbit newbie.

I just thought some may find it useful. There is a link that showsdiagrams and labels of all the rabbits parts that I found particularlyinteresting.

Like the site says though, this by no means is meant to come betweenthe vet. If worried about an illness your rabbit has, please go and seethe vet.

http://islandgems.net/medical.html

Vickie

DaisyNBuster wrote:

Thats a good site :)

I use http://homepage.mac.com/mattocks/morfz/rabrefs.html

Its got way too much to even begin to know where to start! Bondingrabbits to breeding rabbits, from bloating to teeth, from dieting arabbit to scent glands, from renting a home with rabbits to how to helpyour bunny when its mate dies.. the list goes on and on!

It's a book mark just for about every rabbit owner. It coves the pet aspect and the breeders aspect.

~*~Amanda~*~

You're definitely smart enough to be a vet,DaisyNBuster. Don't let lack of time and having a family foolyou.

-Carolyn

If things are still like I remember them, it ismore difficult to get into veterinary school here in the U.S. thanmedical school. One of my many summer jobs during my teachingcareer was as a security officer at a local Six Flagsamusement and safari park. As such, I was postedtodifferent sections of the establishment on various days,dependant upon the need.

Many safari park personnel were young people of national andinternational origins who paid to come to New Jersey and work thesafari for a mere pittance in wages because it gave them the ability tosay they worked with exotic animals when applying to veterinary schoolsaround the world. My point is that it apparently is socompetitive that it is no longer simply a matter of innate intelligence.

On another, not dissimilar note, a friend of ours who is an M.D.,attorney of law, pathologist, coroner, and former F.A.A. airlineaccident investigator, who sits on the board of admissions at a medschool said they are now looking at applicants' people relations skillsmore closely than heretofore. Doesn't make much sense to havea brilliant doctor if he cannot relate to his patients. Point there isintelligence, grades, class standing, etc. has been taken down anotch. At his med school, at least.

Buck

P.S. Suspect you could have made the "grade" then and now. *chuckle*

I would have liked to be a vet too. I just couldn't afford the schooling.

Buck Jones wrote:
If things are still like I remember them, it is more difficultto get into veterinary school here in the U.S. than medicalschool.

Ain't that the truth! Fellow students that are pre-med and workingtheir behinds off to get into a good school say they're glad they'renot studying to be a vet :shock: Gee, thanks guys... :p It isvery hard to become a veterinarian as there are more students than thevet schools have room to accept. So the application and testing isdownright rigorous.

I'm hoping *fingers crossed* to get into Tufts. So that's two years ofblood sweat and tears as an undergrad... then another four yearsworking myself to the bone for a doctorate...

Yeah, I expect to have a life by the time I'm -oh- 26 or so :D

BTW, thanks everyone for the wonderfullyinformative links. I have printed several pages up, including therabbit diagrams, and added them to my "bunny book" (idea courtesy ofBuck ;))

m.e. wrote:
...I'mhoping *fingers crossed* to get into Tufts. So that's two years ofblood sweat and tears as an undergrad... then another four yearsworking myself to the bone for a doctorate...

Yeah, I expect to have a life by the time I'm -oh- 26 or so :D
You'll make it, Kiddo! Thirty-two years teaching...I know amover and a shaker when I see one. You've got the quality andthe perseverence to do the right thing over the long haul.

I'll be paying for your Porsche Speedster in the not too distant futureand more power to ya! No need to tell me you're not in it forthe money, I know that!

Buck

DaisyNBuster wrote:
It reminds me of when I studied medical terminology, for myMedical Secretarial diploma, but bunnies of course.
Vickie
I'm in that class now.Not as easy as Ithought. :?Human Anatomy next term....I'm studying now forthat class LOL! I've learned that the human body is very complex.Itsstuffed and jammed full of organs that don't look prettywhen all together. ;)My grandparents are buying referencebooks and such to help me in Human Anatomy. I love the stuff they aregetting, so I keep looking it up for rabbits. I get disappointed everytime because they don't have neat rabbit anatomy things that aren'texpensive!

Latest posts

Back