rabbit "marking" territory

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jupiterannette

Reaction score
has anyone else had this problem...???

Cami went into the bathroom exploring and decided the rug in front of the shower was hers!

she marked the heater nest to the shower, the bottom of the shower and then the rug, with ehr chin...

she then was hopping, like half a binki, in circles on the rug shaking her bum, uppon further inspection i found she had, spreyd urin all over the floor mats and the shower!

as well as dropping quite the load of poo on the rug, ina matter of moments..

then she left the bathroom...

do you think this will ahppen again, does she smell "me" in the bathroom?

she is prego, does that have anything to do with territoralness?

sooo frusterated!

i washed the floor and put the mats in the wash, im hoping she wont..... but who knows..

the entire house is now cami proofed. and i would really like to let her go free all the time.. but not with that kind of behavior.

It seems like everytime i give her an inch she takes a mile and pees on it! LOL

It's been my experience that unaltered buns tend to exibit that sort of behavior, especially males. It pretty much goes away after they are spayed/neutered in most cases. Their general litter habits tend to improve as well.

Another reason to consider spaying is to prolong the life of your precious by eliminating the high possibility that she will get cancer in her female parts.

http://www.houserabbit.co.uk/rwf/articles/uterine.htm

as soon as she has her babies and they are allgrown up, her babie makers will be removed! LOL

i hope that helps!

i jsut didnt know if there was anything i could do in the mean time!

I wish I had a magic solution for you, but if there is one, I've never heard of it. But then again, I don't know everything about everything. :)

We have pee and poo fest going on in my house at the moment. Thankfully it is isolated to only one room........ the issue? a new bunny (a month ago!) and new toys!

OK - this makes SO MUCH SENSE!

Clover constantly chins our feet if she can get to them without us really seeing her (so she thinks!) and we as humans have glands in our feet that cause odor - men who have terrible foot odor sometimes have those glands removed.

I imagine those are a type of "scent gland" for us - and we walk barefoot on the mat - and they think they have to scent and claim it?

or am I overthinking this? :p

Latest posts

Back