Rabbit Losing Weight?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrittsBunny

Reaction score
Well Wrangler has been molting for almost a week:vacuum: I brush/pull whenever I can get my hands on him, but for the most part, I just let nature take it's course. Anyway, I don't know whether it's because he's molting, but I feel like he may have lost some weight? Or maybe I am just noticing the curves in his spine (his hair also has been standing up along his spine)? He eats, drinks, poops, binkies, etc...perfectly normal behavior. Although whenever I give him treats, he acts like he has been starved for weeks! He's gotten to be quite pushy :rollseyes He also may have lost some weight due to a change in feed :?He's getting a mixture of his old feed and his new feed. Again, maybe I am just being paranoid :D

Whats in new feed? If it's more fiberious that probably explaining the weight loss. Have you weighted him to make sure he is losing wight? More importantly. Is he actually eating and not picking out his old food?

If he's losing a lot of fur do to moulting, he may just be feeling thinner. Anyway to actually weigh Wrangler and keep track of his weight on a weekly basis?

Back