Rabbit losing patch of fur

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A-norm

Reaction score
Hi my 3 year old house bunny has suddenly lost a large patch of fur on the underside of her neck but I can't figure out why. She hasn't been scratching at it and her behaviour and eating and drinking haven't changed so I can't figure out what it might be. Does anyone have any ideas? Shes also been spayed20220327_205541.jpg

Possibly fit mites. A vet trip is definitely needed. Here’s a link on fur mites: MediRabbit

Also, just a warning about those treats. From the bag they look like yogurt drops/treats. If so, they are extremely harmful for rabbits (Medirabbit). Companies will sell them saying they are rabbit treats, but it is not true. If you want to give your rabbits treats, a small slice of apple, banana, or strawberry is an easy and healthy way to reward them.

Possibly fit mites. A vet trip is definitely needed. Here’s a link on fur mites: MediRabbit

Also, just a warning about those treats. From the bag they look like yogurt drops/treats. If so, they are extremely harmful for rabbits (Medirabbit). Companies will sell them saying they are rabbit treats, but it is not true. If you want to give your rabbits treats, a small slice of apple, banana, or strawberry is an easy and healthy way to reward them.
Hi, thank you for that link that's really helpful!
Also don't worry they're not yogurt drops although I know the packaging is similar. It's actually dried fruit but her favourite is blueberries haha
Thank you I'll definitely book for a vet to see her

Back