Rabbit Lifestyle Questions - Tips and Opinions also welcome!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remy The Rabbit

Reaction score
Hi! I have one rabbit named Remy. He's currently a 1-year-old and he eats timothy hay, as well as fruits and veggies, lettuce included. He also gets a fourth a cup of aIfalfa pellets but I want to transition him over to a fourth a cup of timothy pellets now that he is older. I usually give him Spring Mix, but I want to be sure that everything in it is safe and what things I should give in moderation. Also, is there a diet plan for a 1-year-old rabbit? Like, in terms of pellets, veggies, fruits, hay, etc. I already give him the basics but I want to know what I can provide that will allow him to live a happy and healthy life. I've had him since he was very young, so I'm not a totally new beginner, but he is my first rabbit. In terms of living area, he does have quite a large cage but whenever I'm awake he's out and about around the whole room. I have a dog so he can't be everywhere, but the room is pretty large. I do want to start to do free roam (in the room) or give him at least half of the room to run around in everyday. What is the best way to block off half the room without spending a ton of money? I was thinking NIC Grids, but I feel like an amount that large would cost a LOT. I don't think I would be able to fully free roam, but it is a consideration. Basically, I want him to have half the room and the cage would basically become just his hideout, it would never be closed, he can just come and go as he pleases, even at night. The bold text are my main questions that I really would like answered. Any other tips, feedback, etc is welcome. Thanks!

Breed: Mini Rex

1. The average pet rabbit should get a diet of unlimited grass hay, 2 cups of dark green, leafy veggies a day, 1/4 cup of Timothy pellets. I also have a 1 year old Rex rabbit and this is my diet for him. This diet will change depending on your rabbits age and weight.

2. Rabbit proofing is honestly really cheap. I spent £10 on rabbit proofing. Block or cover wires, and other dangerous things. Bunny Proofing Your House | Indoor Rabbits

If he roams in your room and it is spacious enough, that will be just as good! The link given by Apollo is handy!

Thank you! Remy does like to binky and do zoomies around the room, so I'd say it is quite large! :)

Latest posts

Back