Rabbit Insurance?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlysoup

Reaction score
After I lost my dwarf Marilyn in April, I am somewhat anxious about the health of my other 2 rabbits (although, my vet said they were in great shape). I really can't help it; they are my children. I'll also be the first to admit I am a worry-wart.

I was able to afford Marilyn's care, however, I worry about being able to afford care for my other 2, should something catastrophic happen.

That being said, is it wiser to save money in case of an emergency (let's say, $1,000 because that's what I can afford), or buy pet insurance -- or, both?

I want to make sure I have all my bases covered.

I apologize ahead of time for being neurotic. I want to get some input on what you would do.

Here is a photo for patience:

1002558_10153047895445125_1464454706_n.jpg

Save money. Then take the money you would be using monthly for insurance and save that as well.
Insurance companies will find whatever excuse they can not to cover you. "Oh your bunny had GI stasis 2 years ago, and now he broke his leg? Sorry that's a pre-existing condition, denied!"

Thanks for the input. Saving money makes a lot more sense.

As an aside, I work as a research assistant in a neurosurgery clinic, & I have to carefully review medical records all day long, & its caused me to turn into an enormous nervous wreck, haha.

Latest posts

Back