Rabbit Hay Buffet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a cute idea, but you could probably build (or have a friend build) one cheaper out of plywood. And then maybe layer it with something so the bunnies couldn't chew it.

you could have a welder(maybe even a local 4h ffa person that welds) make one out of metal for cheaper and they could make sure there are no sharpedges. Its a nice idea I might have to get my uncle to make me some smaller versions of that.

Crystal

I use the large hole NIC cubes for a hay dispenser. Of course if you like that style I want to suggest cutting a plastic or metal container. With metal I would worry about the edge. Hope you find a good hay dispenser.

How do you hand make something from recycled plastic....? That would require a machine to melt the plastic and reform it and that's not handmade to me.

I would just build a plywood box about the size of the number of slices of hay you want to put out with a slot in the front a bit lower than the height of the rabbit. Shouldn't be too hard. Put a hinged lid on it and slide in the slices without having to break the hay up any. It wouldn't take more than a circular or table saw and a drill for the hinge screws. You can also get a variety of handles to screw on or hang it various ways. Our local hardware store has an entire wall of such things. Really it would take 30mins or less once you planned out the size. Even if they did chew it or you found out the size wasn't ideal you could make another for the cost of a piece of plywood and another 30mins or less of your time.

I use the large hole NIC cubes for a hay dispenser.
My champagne d'argent got her head stuck in one of those. Warning for those with larger rabbits.

Back