Rabbit had babies! (Oat question)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyingpenguin28

Reaction score
I posted a couple weeks back about rescuing 2 bunnies and got some fantastic help! Someone warned me the female may be pregnant since she was found with a male...well she was lol.
She had 4 little ones that are SO ADORABLE.

Question is, I’ve read online that at 2 weeks to start introducing hay/oats? Is this true? I know they still need their mom but I didn’t know when to introduce food/what kind.
They are 10 days old.
The dad has been fixed now, but is currently in a separate cage because of the babies.

Thanks!

Simply let them eat whatever mom eats. Kits get their first set of gut bacteria from mom, whatever she eats they can digest too. When they start to leave the nest at appr. 2 weeks they start nibbling on her food. You don't really need to feed them something extra, but a few flakes of oatmeal don't hurt. Feed the doe relativly close to the nest box, and make sure that the kits can get in the box more easy than out, like, with ramps on the outside or enough hay so the nestbox entrance is level on the outside. Or by putting the box on its side when they become mobile, depends on what style of box you use.

Latest posts

Back