Rabbit Garden

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nela

Reaction score
I see that we have a post in the RO Library about rabbit-safe plants but do we (or another site) have a list of definite things to avoid having in the garden? :? I'm trying to make a list of things I have in the garden and identify the potential hazards...

I wrote that thread with the help of Hazel-Mom, and a number of rabbity websites.

The upshot of the whole thing is that there are SO many plants that rabbit owners and organizations (even ASPCA) disagree on toxicity.

Most pet lists are built with dogs and cats in consideration more so than rabbits.

The most definitive list of not-good-for-bunny plants was that at 3Bunnies Rescue (linked in the library thread).

As it is impossible to weed out whose info is accurate from all these resources, I went the opposite direction, and only posted those plants that are guaranteed to be safe.

Hope that clarifies our listing a bit.
Of course, you can always grow the herbs, vegetables and fruits listed in the library too, in addition to flowers and shrubs.

That makes sense. Unfortunately, the link in the article doesn't work anymore. I guess I will have to rethink the garden... :confused2: Thanks for that!

Oh thanks so much Autumn! I didn't even think to look for it on the main site to be honest. Thanks so much for the links. I already spotted a big no-no which I had considered putting in so I am glad to have reference. :biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back