Rabbit Fur

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magicapple

Reaction score
My rabbit has a lot of fur, is there like a bush that can get all the unnessary hair off? The comb i got doesn't work so well.

Try cat brushes. :3

I don't know of any harm that could come by it (somebody correct me?)and they are grand at removing loose hair. I'm sure rabbitcombs come in different shapes and sizes too but it might be easier tofind a brush for cats

Check up on it.

I was thinking something along the lines of these:

mikki_universal_cat_slicker_brush.jpg

However, the brush that I have has coated wire bristles.

I don't know if I would use bare wire on fragile little bunnies.
If you can find a coated one, go for it. ;D They work great.

Most pet stores have some for rabbits.The one have has very smooth bristles, so it really doesn't work WELL,it kinda just slides over the hair rather than get it off.

I also have one that's for cats, it works better.

These are both on the Petsmart site! :D

Yep, as far as I know cat brushes are the best. You could use a baby brush but it won't work nearly as well.

Michaela:brownbunny

All I remember is giant clumps of hair in those cat brushes. :rofl:

I'll have to dig one up for Dee when she comes home. *can'twait*

naturestee wrote:
Those cat slicker brushes are okay, just be really carefulwith them. Rabbit skin is much more thin and sensitive thancat skin and the brush could accidently scratch them or feeluncomfortable. You can use them, just be careful.
Would the cat slicker brushes with the soft coated bristles be ok for their sensitive skin?

The shed ender is AWESOME!!!! I useone with my rotties and golden. It works better on therotties. We also use it on the cats andrabbit. Just be very gentle on the cats and rabbitis all. They do make a wider one. Theydidn't have it when we bought ours, but even the narrow one works.

It is pretty small....I don't know how long itwould take on a golden. It is great for rabbitsthough. It works great on rex fur.....I've heard commentsthat it doesn't do as well on other fur types though.

missyscove wrote:
slavetoabunny wrote:
I usethe Shed Ender on Sparky and Scooter. It gets out an amazingamount of fur:

https://www.shedender.com/Default.asp?bhcp=1
Does it really work that well? I had been consideringthat for out golden retrievers, but it looks kind of small. Ifigured it would take forever to do their entirebodies.

Just so you know, I have a cat slicker brush andonly one of my 3 will even let me near them with it. They do not likeit at all. And personally, I'd never use it on a baby or arabbit with thin coat because the bristles can irritate or even damagethe skin. I have a Holland Lop with rather thin hair and I would neveruse it on her because of that and I know baby fur is very fine so Idon't advise it unless your rabbit has a thick coat.

yes the zoom groom brush is great and i love it!it is better than that slicker brush i was using it was ok but i likethe zoom groom better,i introduced that slicker brush to the bin andthey seem to get on well with each other lol

cheryl

I travelled to my local (Canadian) Pet Smartyesterday in search of this "Zoom Groom" and the only one they had wasa blue one for dogs-would you say it is the same as the purple one forcats or are the spaces much larger between the plastic groom bits?

Jezebel is looking rather raggedy on the behind and although she willlet me 'pick' at her when we are outside she would much rather submitto a delicate yet thorough brushing. Where as Jaden sets the worldrecord at NEVER stopping the molting process :(

:bunnydance:Thanks so much

C

Latest posts

Back