Rabbit fleas

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyang

Reaction score
How can I tell if my rabbit has fleas or mites? I checked him out last night and he's got clean fur, good skin, clean ears, two dandruff flakes, and that's it. He's in quarantine from the birds now in case he has anything. I'm taking him to the vet for a checkup on Saturday so hopefully he's fine and bug free

When my Sweet Sassy had mites she was itching alot. And she had whatlooked like dandruff, really bad.

Some bunnies also lose hair, red skin.

Mites show up as dandruff, fleas leave black dusty stuff on the skin. Sometimes you can't tell very well, so the vet will do a skin scraping and look at the skin under a microscope. Itching alot would also be a sign.

i took piksi to the vet once because i thought he had fleas

he told me that the best way to find out is to put like a white cloth on the table and run your hand through the fur up and down and of he has some they will fall to the cloth and show

Youshould be able tosee fleas and flea dirt. If the bunny has them. If you don't see any, he should be fine. :)

Mites would give real bad dandruff. itchy.

Latest posts

Back