Rabbit color questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Icarus

Reaction score
Alright, I'm really not sure what my Agouti's are. I'm pretty sure my others are Blue Torts, just in lighter and darker shades.

A lot of them are pretty darned filthy, you can see were the fur looks kinda stiff and clumped. The crusty ears have already been treated.

And yes, that rabbit has grain on his head :D I wanted to get them in somewhat of one spot so I could photograph them easier so I made a big grain pile.
Pardon the peacock feathers. I thought I had all of them out the first time, but the bunnies proved me wrong. Snagged them after pictures, though. Pet carrier is for if they feel scared and want to hide. Cage is in a shaded area, with a tarp for more shade, plus several water dishes that they happily dump out (hence the need for several). They have a frozen water jug in the corner.

Top view starting from pet carrier, Chestnut(?), Darker chestnut(?), Blue Tort, same as second rabbit, Blue Tort, Blue Tort, Blue Tort, Ermine, Blue Tort.
rabbit1.jpg

Blue Torts (I think?)
rabbitrabbitrabbit031.jpg

rabbitrabbitrabbit003.jpg

rabbitrabbitrabbit007.jpg

Don't-Know-Agouti's (at least I think their Agouti)
rabbitrabbitrabbit008.jpg

rabbitrabbitrabbit010.jpg

rabbitrabbitrabbit014.jpg

All of the rabbits are agouti. It is kind of hard t tell what exactly the lighter ones are, but you can see that they have the white underbelly and eye circles that agoutis have. It actually looks like they are just agoutis that are in a really bad molt.

Do you have belly photos and photos blowing into the coatsof the ones you think are blue tort? They appear to be opal or cream.

pamnock wrote:
Do you have belly photos and photos blowing into the coats of the ones you think are blue tort? They appear to be opal or cream.

If you blow into the coat, the very bottom is a very pale creamish color, followed by a grayish blue, then the brown/gold/agouti coloring.

I'm just trying to figure out what to classify them as in my records! :biggrin: All are Viennas, some show more than others (one I almost marked for sale had white toes!)

I only have the one light colored Chestnut looking girl, then the other three look black with gold or Agouti tips.

Alright :D So, Opals, Chestnut, and Black Steels?

Huge thanks for all the replies guys, your great!

Latest posts

Back