Rabbit cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wondering if this is common -

The bunny seems to prefer to be in his cage, but with the door open. He seems most relaxed in this circumstance. If I close his door after he hops back into the cage from being in the livingroom, he stands infront of the door begging to come out.

If he's a new rabbit then he will probably feel more comfortable in his cage for the first few days then he will start coming out. Leaving his cage door open is good, this will allow your rabbit to leave his cage as he pleases which will also make him feel more comfortable as he isn't getting forced out of his 'safe place'.

If he isn't new just ignore this post, sorry. He may just be shy, and his cage feels like a safe place.
Hope this helps :)

Definitely a new bunny, got him two days ago. I've spent the day in the livingroom (I work on the computer, so it can be just about anywhere) This is a very inquisitive bunny, he just figured out how to jump about 5 times his resting height, more bunny-proofing to do. Also he's eating one of my statistics books... somehow I don't mind.

I am amazed he can jump onto the couch despite being only about 7 inches tall when sitting.

Back