Rabbit Bonding - My female is irritated

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haybun

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently adopted two very sweet rabbits; both Holland lops. One male and one female both spayed/neutered.

They are currently living separate in large exercise pens (honestly spoil these two with their homes, but they deserve it.) The bonding is going great, but when it’s time for a date in the bathtub I have to handle them. My male doesn’t mind so much anymore, but my female HATES it. Last night while in the tub I decided to give her a ear check because she had been shaking her head quite a bit; which of course once placed on my lap and examined this did not go well with her. After she started to thump at me. I even let her roam for an hour to get back to her own pen because I didn’t want to handle her and upset her more. Figured she would get over it by morning, but when I entered her run this morning to give her fresh hay and water (even brought a lettuce with me) she thumped at me again.

I don’t want my new bun to be scared or hate me, does anyone have any advice? Going to take a break from bonding in the bathtub tonight and focus one on one bonding with myself.

Thank you!

When I bonded my bunnies from experience it is best to have them play in an outdoor pen and then slowly start to get I to smaller spaces which seems like you have done. My advice is to make everything with your rabbit positive by giving her treats and cuddles after she has done a good job with the male. It takes time to create bonds with your rabbits so keep doing what your doing!

Latest posts

Back