Rabbit bonding behaviour

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunbun.o_c

Reaction score
Okay so today my bunny was roaming and he found my other bun (p.s it's been a week since I've been bonding them) and one of my bunny was bowing his head? And I don't really understand,,what does this mean? And as you can see,one of my rabbit are outside of the cage and one inside of it...what should I do / what does his behaviour mean? I heard that bowing their heads mean that that bunny is the dominant bunny and wants the other bunny to groom their head?

Attachments

• IMG_20211108_163823.jpg
    IMG_20211108_163823.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20211108_163834.jpg
    IMG_20211108_163834.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20211108_163801.jpg
    IMG_20211108_163801.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 5
Yes when they bow it usually means they want to be groomed and usually the dominant one will be more bossy about it

It doesn't seem like my other rabbit is submitting to him tho :/ how long does it normally take to bond rabbits? I tried to bond them... firstly the other rabbit was nipping the bowing rabbit one hehe and after that they started chasing and fighting each other :( should I try the stress bonding process or should I just keep on bonding them this way...

Every bunny is different my personal bonding process with two of my bunnies I just skipped stress bonding because I knew how aggressive my one bunny is( so I did hands on so to say) So it’s whatever you think you will, or are making process doing:)youll also want to be consistent with the bonding sessions. Like maybe five minutes in the morning five minutes at night. And slowly increase the time over the days. It took my bunnies two weeks to bond with that process. I used tons of veggies and pellets and when I finally put them in the same cage I made sure to have two litter boxes because they were still territorial slightly twards eachother. I can’t tell you how long until your bunnies will be bonded because some bunnies take 1-3 weeks and others can take up to a few months!

Oh thank you for your advice! Also since you said that one of your bunny is aggressive,did the other bunny got an injury during the whole bonding process?Is your rabbit a female or male? I don't think I can start the bonding yet tho because one of my bunny's hormone didn't dissipate yet,,,which results in him having poor litter habits ( but not that poor,he's just still pooping territorial poops everywhere he goes,,AND he's also still young ) and my bunnies are both from the same litter and yeah hehe thank you once again for your advice!

My aggressive bunny was a female. They were both females. They were no actual injuries just nipping and pulling little tufts of hair out. Although once two of my uneutered males got into the same pen and now my little lop has a little piece of his ear missing. There were no long to affects he was just a little sore for a few days. It definitely just depends on there personality. I’m happy to answer anymore questions:)

Back