Rabbit bonding advice!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunloves

Reaction score
Hey!
So this is an update to the last time I posted about bonding with my bunny. I had my bunny for more than 1 month now and he has really improved. He did manage to come out of his cage and he goes pretty far away from it now. Most of the time he's still not comfortable with me petting him unless he's eating. He eats from my hand but i know the bond is not very strong yet. I hope I'm going down the right way. I am slowly making progress but he's still shy. But he can comfortably put his 2 paws on me but not jump on me yet. I'm working on that. After he can jump on me easily, I'll working on petting his back then the head. Any tips or advice to help me go through this process? I fell like I'm doing pretty good and I really feel like the patience will be really worth it.:woohoo

Baron will sit behind me on the bed watching me here at the desk on the PC. Baron comes to me when he "wants" something. I believe he only seeks out my attention and for treats or grooming, and he is no "cuddle bunny".

When he is sitting at my left and shaking his head, he let's me pick him up. After I scratch his ears or whatever else itches on him, he jumps to floor as if to say, "Thanks, but I don't need you anymore. That will be all, you are dismissed.". Other times he does his buck rubbings and stands on his hind legs asking if I have any treats to offer. Again once the treats are done, so is the relationship.

If he is in the room, when I get up to go to the kitchen or any other room, he will follow me but just to observe my activity or to explore. I swear if all rabbits are like him they all must have ADD.

We get along, and sometimes --few though-- he will actually play running about the rooms using me as some kind of obstacle in his race track. Most of the time we just keep each other company.

Back