Rabbit and Guinea Pigs

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you very much. I wasn't sure if I was just being a trouble maker or whatever because it seems a lot of places.. well all two of them LOL, support Rabbit and Guinea pigs in the same cage.. and some people YES can, I suppose but not when that was happening to them. What i witnessed wasn't living in harmony and being buddies. :( Thank you again. I love guinea pigs also :D

No, that is not living in harmony at all. I feel bad for those piggies. I would have done the same thing. Guinea pigs are very sensitive creatures. If the pet store is going to sell them, they need to know at least a little bit especially when it comes to caring for them while in the store. I hope they get in trouble, I really do. For the sake of the animals. It probably WAS a dominance thing but u know what, that rabbit is bigger than they are and capable of damage, even if it's not intentional. I'm not trying to suggest that the rabbit was bad, but the rabbit is doing what it's natural instincts are to do, and that could result in harm to the guineas...whether that's what the rabbit has in mind or not. Nope, those guineas are NOT ok, no matter what the staff told you. Those staff need to do their research and be knowledgeable in what they sell especially when it comes to live animals...you'd think it would be common sense to know something about caring for something live you are responsible for?

Rabbits often carrry the bordatella virus in a latent form ( show no symptoms ) however ,If aguinea pig is exposed and develops bordatella it is literaly a death sentence for the pig

Latest posts

Back