Rabbit always wanting to escape when held

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunloves

Reaction score
HI!
So I was clipping his nails today and it took a very long time to hold him because he kept struggling. I know rabbits in general do not like being held but is there a way to tame him to stop always trying to escape. Also, is there a proper way of cutting nails? I just flipped him on his back and clipped them. I heard some people say that putting the bunny on their backs is not good for them but, it seemed like the only way i could clip his nails without him moving around all the time. Any ideas on what I should do?

PS. I gave him some pellets from his daily diet as a little treat for doing ok. :)

My boy hates his nails being done. A vet advised me that i could trance him. I start right ways up going from the his nose to his ears in a rhythmic pattern. Then i sit him on the sofa next to me and continue. Then to my lap and again continue. Then in my arms and again continue. Then i have him wrong ways up and again continue until his head rests against my arm. Then i can clip his claws and repeat the process backwards and end up with him back on the floor right way up. He hops off when he's ready. It can take me up to 2 hours but it is worth an unstressed bun.

Back