Rabbit agility pictures

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rabbit agility is fun for you and your BUN!

archie1d.jpg

archie1c.jpg

archie1b.jpg

Kimberly Smith and The Amazing Archie!!!!!!

Hi Emily

Yes Hayley and I are working on trying to get a club started, we want to get our rabbits better trained then we can have demonstrations and stuff.

What kind of rabbits do you have?

Do you have them hopping several jumps like a course?

We have been very creative (mostly Hayley, she is a genius with creativity) in making jumps out of various objects.

Keep me posted on how your training goes.

Bunny Binkies

Kim and Archie

boukacreshollands wrote:
Hi Emily

Yes Hayley and I are working on trying to get a club started, we want to get our rabbits better trained then we can have demonstrations and stuff.

What kind of rabbits do you have?

Do you have them hopping several jumps like a course?

We have been very creative (mostly Hayley, she is a genius with creativity) in making jumps out of various objects.

Keep me posted on how your training goes.

Bunny Binkies

Kim and Archie

I have 4 Mini Rex, 2 English Lops, 2 mix-breds (one is the hopper!), 1 Netherland Dwarf and 1 Polish.

I hop with my buck, Magic. He's a Holland Lop/American Sable/Dutch mix. He does hop a course with lots of jumps. I have a youtube account here: http://au.youtube.com/user/lilyandjackwhere you can watch several of his jumping videos :)

I do the same thing with jumps, as you'll see in my video. I use whatever I can find! Lol. I'm a pack-rat by nature, so pretty much if I see anything I can turn it into a unique jump. lol.

I will, definitley! Matter of fact, once you guys get a club going, I plan on joining along!

Emily

Hey that is Awsome!

We will definatley keep in touch!

Well I have to say goodnight to all the bunny people in bunnyland. I will be on tomorrow night, hope to hear from you.

Kim and Pals

Hi Emily,

I watched your videos, your bunny is soooo cute and you have alot ofneat jumps. I had my husband watch so he could get ideas to make me some more. Hayley and I need to expand our course to be more than just a straight line of jumps.

Any ideas on how to make a safe water jump?

Binks
Kim

Thank you very much, Kim :)

As for a water jump, i'm not really sure. I just kind of took some things and put it together. I will think on it for a while tough and see what I come up with :)

Emily

boukacreshollands wrote:
Hi Emily,

I watched your videos, your bunny is soooo cute and you have alot ofneat jumps. I had my husband watch so he could get ideas to make me some more. Hayley and I need to expand our course to be more than just a straight line of jumps.

Any ideas on how to make a safe water jump?

Binks
Kim

Hi Kim,

Were you thinking of making a jump where rabbits jump into water, or a jump where rabbits jump over water? In the professional jumping events in Denmark and other countries where rabbit hopping is popular, they often use a very shallow tray filled with water underneath some of their jumps to make them appear more daunting.

If you wanted to build a jump where rabbits jump INTO water, you have a bit of a harder design to make. I tried this with my hopping rabbit while he was still alive, and I found that filling a tray with water and making them jump into it was very slippery. If you're keen to try a water jump, perhaps take a shallow tray, fill it with a cm of water, and ask your rabbit to hop in and out of that. Then, if they're not bothered and are confident, put a SMALL jump in front of it. :)

Of course, the ideal situation for a water jump would be to dig a hole in the ground, put a shallow water tray inside it, and bury it so that the top of the tray is level with the top of the ground. Then they wouldn't have to jump over the sides of the tray, and just out of the tray.

Your rabbit is gorgeous. :)

Good luck with your hopping,
Rachel. :)

Latest posts

Back