Rabbit acting tired?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arloismybunny

Reaction score
I’ve had Arlo for two weeks. He’s 2 months old. He just seems very tired today and a bit yesterday too. He barely ran around yesterday but he did for a bit. Today however I didn’t see him run around once. He’s been eating hay and drinking water and chewing his favorite toy. He just seems more tired than usual. Is this normal?

Attachments

• 1A424466-4A95-4200-8D29-6ADF5A6C259F.jpeg
    1A424466-4A95-4200-8D29-6ADF5A6C259F.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 5
  • E2653585-5F41-4411-91E8-A65131571809.jpeg
    E2653585-5F41-4411-91E8-A65131571809.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 82AD8F81-8D48-4CB2-BBD2-08B613A41167.jpeg
    82AD8F81-8D48-4CB2-BBD2-08B613A41167.jpeg
    96.8 KB · Views: 5
I’ve had Arlo for two weeks. He’s 2 months old. He just seems very tired today and a bit yesterday too. He barely ran around yesterday but he did for a bit. Today however I didn’t see him run around once. He’s been eating hay and drinking water and chewing his favorite toy. He just seems more tired than usual. Is this normal?
Wait if he's 2 months and you got him 2 weeks ago then they were selling him to you too young . Rabbits need to be with their mum till 8 weeks old . I'd take him to the vet .

Sometimes it is just the weather. Has it been rainy there? It has been raining here all day and it is making Theo (and me 😂) sleepy. If he is eating, drinking, and pooping then I don't think there is reason to worry.
If he does stop acting normal then I would give him 1-2 ml doses of gas drops every hour for 3 hours. If he isn't better by the second dose then please take him to the vet.

What's the weather like up in Maine? It may just be the weather, as Mariam said. I know when the weather got so frigid here, Shen was sleeping more, but still ate, drank, and pooped A LOT. (Like so much, he got nicknamed machine gun butt.)
But also, if you ended up getting Arlo younger than 8 weeks, I agree with Robbie and find a rabbit savvy vet to make sure Arlo is okay.

Wait if he's 2 months and you got him 2 weeks ago then they were selling him to you too young . Rabbits need to be with their mum till 8 weeks old . I'd take him to the vet .
She had a post from March 11 that said the bunny was 2 months old at that time. She got him on March 6. (You are correct about the 8 weeks. But it seems he was about that age when she got him.)

He probably doesn't need to be seen by a vet... at least not just for having a lazy day. He's still eating and drinking. Running to the vet can cause undue stress and has the potential to make a minor situation worse from that stress.

She had a post from March 11 that said the bunny was 2 months old at that time. She got him on March 6. (You are correct about the 8 weeks. But it seems he was about that age when she got him.)

He probably doesn't need to be seen by a vet... at least not just for having a lazy day. He's still eating and drinking. Running to the vet can cause undue stress and has the potential to make a minor situation worse from that stress.
Im sorry i didnt see that post !

What's the weather like up in Maine? It may just be the weather, as Mariam said. I know when the weather got so frigid here, Shen was sleeping more, but still ate, drank, and pooped A LOT. (Like so much, he got nicknamed machine gun butt.)
But also, if you ended up getting Arlo younger than 8 weeks, I agree with Robbie and find a rabbit savvy vet to make sure Arlo is okay.
Machine gunbutt🤣🤣🤣🤣 I love it...lol

Latest posts

Back