Rabbit’s Quick Weirdly Low

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrazyChickenGirl

Reaction score
Every month on the 14th I clip my bunnies nails, but last month Opal was pretty far in her pregnancy when I went to do it so I just skipped her since I didn’t want to hurt her kits. When I went to do her nails this month the quick was unusually far back. I don’t know how I should clip them with it like this or why they’re like this. What should I do?2003173A-DFC5-4655-AD3C-2BBBFA8503D5.jpeg

Check the nail bed. See if the nail maybe got split close to the nail bed. Also check for any abnormal skin around the nail bed.

I would clip normally, just past the quick.

Agreed to just clip normally -- the primary goal of nail clipping is to get the nails to a healthy length; not to get as close to the quick as possible. While sometimes those overlap, there are times you can still be a distance from the quick and it still be a fine length.

Clip them like normal and then every 3 or 4 days work on them a little bit with an emory board if she'll let you. I use a dremel on our dogs but it takes my wife and son to hold them down--they aren't as small or co-operative as the bunnies.

Latest posts

Back