R.I.P my Yugi

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Selena RD

Reaction score
Yugi was a 2 year old healthy boy the a week ago we took him to the vet cause he had discharge from the side of his mouth then we took him to the Tucson Arizona exotic hospital they said to give iv fluids, once a day, his penicillin shot 0.5 and his enrofloxacin 0.8 he was happy still and under weight about 4 pounds and he's supposed to 8 and they said his temperature was 97 to keep his room warm with a heater and heating pad fed 3 times a day 100ml of Critical care which we did and he was eating drinking well his stool he had a bit of diarrhea but it stopped cause we gave metronidazole 0.7 and he was still happy then then today at 3am we found him just sitting there then I called him which he usually comes and he fell I picked him up and got him to a other room to call the other emergency vet we got on our way there and in the car he wasn't responding and fighting but he had no control over his head and couldn't stand up so before we even get there he passed away and we just a blood test just coming today from the labs and the one blood test that was right away just there in the hospital was he was anemic his bone marrow wasn't good and he didn't have to many white blood cells but his lungs & teeth & heart was good and they will do a autopsy to see anything happening so no more of my bunnies pass away cause in a whole year I lost 6 I know they all in a different way but still I wish they were all here today and they still don't know how he got week and passed away so suddenly

I'm sorry for your loss, had my former herd buck and house bunny for 4 years PTS two weeks ago.
But 6 of how many? You're sure about the reasons?

There's very little to comment on. like, an actual diagnosis. What did all this tests turn up? Or where they just made out of routine without really expecting an outcome?

I think there isn't much anyone could say from this account.
Not sure I got that right, did that happen all rather rapidly? I reckon RHD is being ruled out?
Location could give a hint.
Anyway, things just happen.

Not trying to get you paranoid, just aware. In my first year with rabbits I lost 14 out of 15 to Myxo, without knowing what was going on until it was too late.

Last edited:
I'm sorry for your loss, had my former herd buck and house bunny for 4 years PTS two weeks ago.
But 6 of how many? You're sure about the reasons?

There's very little to comment on. like, an actual diagnosis. What did all this tests turn up? Or where they just made out of routine without really expecting an outcome?

I think there isn't much anyone could say from this account.
Not sure I got that right, did that happen all rather rapidly? I reckon RHD is being ruled out?
Location could give a hint.
Anyway, things just happen.

Not trying to get you paranoid, just aware. In my first year with rabbits I lost 14 out of 15 to Myxo, without knowing what was going on until it was too late.
July 31
Yeah first was mark we couldn't even get to the vet he just became weak and start moving a lot on his side and passed away

July 29
Then it was a newborn it was found passed away

October 9
Then it was frost he got very weak couldn't even use his litter box they did test on him and his liver was dying and had yellow in his eyes & ears with diarrhea, weepy eyes skinny, weak

December 16
Then it was Guan
He had pneumonia 2 vets tested him but one vet said if it was a higher dose of medication it could of saved him but he already wasn't eating at that point and his symptoms was breathing heavy sleep sitting up didn't use litter box kept falling when he turned, weak weeping eyes

December 19
Then it was snowball the sister of frost she didn't want to eat so we treated as a gas problem cause our vet opened soon then when we took her she fell on her side the vet gave her iv she still passed away

December 24
Then it said Yugi's necropsy.
There were some subtle changes in the kidneys, in the lungs and in the lower intestines, which the vet will know more about after the full report is back.
None of the changes were definitive for any disease process, and none of the changes were concerning for a contagious disease process.
They are still waiting to receive the culture results as well.
So I still don't know everything yet and I'm sorry about your losses too

Latest posts

Back