quick thing about space

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zkeaton

Reaction score
so i closed off a part of my room to the bunny and i measured (like 4 times to be sure) and its 27 square feet. wait i think. i don't remember exactly but i remember the measurements are 10.5ft by 2.5ish ft. is that good enough or does she need the room upstairs? i kept her in my room so i would have easy access and stuff to her to make sure shes not bored and such and also i had hard enough time getting my mom to understand she cant go in the garage. I'm sure shell be open to giving her the room if she needs it though! and on that not i just thought. we have a 3 car garage, could i put some carpet and air conditioning and all that and she could go in the garage. it has closets and stuff! wait i actually think that might work. of course yall know more than e though, sorry this long and thanks for anyone help in advance!

Garages have fumes.... from car exhaust and possibly gas fumes from things like lawnmowers. Not good for a rabbit.
Your 27 sq ft is decent enough size. You can always let her roam a bit under supervision as well. If you see some of the spaces at the indoor cages threads, you will see many that are roughly that size.

It would be better for her to be near you rather than alone in the garage.

Garages have fumes.... from car exhaust and possibly gas fumes from things like lawnmowers. Not good for a rabbit.
Your 27 sq ft is decent enough size. You can always let her roam a bit under supervision as well. If you see some of the spaces at the indoor cages threads, you will see many that are roughly that size.

we don't park our cars in the garage and we have the lawn people do our lawn... but i will take your advice and keep her in my room. I was thinking we might be able to make the one car garage a room, almost like a bedroom with everything the actual rooms have but with diy cages (i have 101 rabbits in my head) and the garage is right next to my room! I'll take your advice and keep her in my room! i just want to give her the space she needs to be happy! thank you for your help!

we don't park our cars in the garage and we have the lawn people do our lawn... but i will take your advice and keep her in my room. I was thinking we might be able to make the one car garage a room, almost like a bedroom with everything the actual rooms have but with diy cages (i have 101 rabbits in my head) and the garage is right next to my room! I'll take your advice and keep her in my room! i just want to give her the space she needs to be happy! thank you for your help!
It would be alright for her to be in a garage without cars as long as she has the heat or cooling she needs due to climate. As long as she isn't lonely like Blue eyes said.

It would be alright for her to be in a garage without cars as long as she has the heat or cooling she needs due to climate. As long as she isn't lonely like Blue eyes said.

i understand! i think itll be best to keep her in my room for now! thanks for your help!

so i closed off a part of my room to the bunny and i measured (like 4 times to be sure) and its 27 square feet. wait i think. i don't remember exactly but i remember the measurements are 10.5ft by 2.5ish ft. is that good enough or does she need the room upstairs? i kept her in my room so i would have easy access and stuff to her to make sure shes not bored and such and also i had hard enough time getting my mom to understand she cant go in the garage. I'm sure shell be open to giving her the room if she needs it though! and on that not i just thought. we have a 3 car garage, could i put some carpet and air conditioning and all that and she could go in the garage. it has closets and stuff! wait i actually think that might work. of course yall know more than e though, sorry this long and thanks for anyone help in advance!

i remeasured cause i felt like the measurements were off for some reason, and it was off. the measurements on the building plan for the actually house is 10.5 feet by 3.125 feet. (126 in x 37.5 in) making the square footage 32.8125 feet. oops guess i suck at using a tape measure....

i checked the build plan for the house and the actual square footage is nearly 33 feet. i suck at using a tape measure...

Back