Quick Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty

Reaction score
alright so my mini rex rusty. hes shedding likecrazy!!! well im not sure how to help get rid of all that hair. ivetried just wetting my hand and petting him but that doesnt work at all.ive tried a cat flee comb, doesnt work, tried a cat brush which doesntwork either. and i have this other grooming brush that doesnt reallywork unless the hair is extremely loose. what do you think is the bestin brushing a mini rex? i try to help him byjust barely pulling theloose hair and if it comes out then great if it doesnt, i move on tothe next section, but he definitely gives me a disapproving look if ikeep doing that lol. also what do you guys thinkabout harnesses on rabbits? do your rabbits still wear one when youtake them outside?

I'm not sure how you would brush a rex to getthe loose fur off.Hopefully someone who owns one will be ableto help you out with that one :D

For harnesses, it all depends if the rabbit allows it. I know myrabbits hate the harness and freak out when I try to put it on. Somelove it, some hate it. I've heard of people taking their rabbitsoutside with the harness.

i usually keep my rabbit onthe harness since iveonly had him for a year and havent really been able to take him out onthe grass without winter coming in and ruining summer. well he doesntpull or anything and prefers to stay near me. but i dont want to takethe chance of something spooking him and he takes off. do you thinkhell eventually be able to go without a harness? or atleast have theharness but without the leash? i want to be able to let him explorewhen i take him out and not have to follow him every time he moves twofeet cuz of the lead....

I have a mini rex as well and what works thebest is the sticky rolling lint brushes!!!!! I had the sameproblem as you and because rex hair is so fine it is superhard!I go throught about 10 sheets each time you"brush" him,but the rollers are only about 3dollars at walmart. They work amazing though!! Hopethis helps. My rabbit Chewie didn't like it at first becuasei think it pulls a little bit but now he loves it!!

Michelle

thanks michelle! i thought that the roller mightpull the hair too much. but now that someones actually used it illdefinitely give ita try! :)

When I put my rabbit on her harness, she hates when i start to put it on, but when she has it totally on she loves it.

rusty doesnt mind it once its on, but id like toknow if eventually hed be able to do without... in an area thats wellknown to him...

Rusty wrote:
rusty doesnt mind it once its on, but id like to know ifeventually hed be able to do without... in an area thats well known tohim...

you could try getting a long piece of rope and attaching that to a leadclip and take rusty for a walk on that. it means you still have controlbut he can still explore! be careful that he doesnt chew through therope when your not looking or get himslef tangled up!

hunnybunnyi dont exactly understandwhat you mean by that. maybe its the chem midterm i had last nightstill in my mind and i cant think straight lol.

btw i tried the lint roller and it realy worked. and he didnt mind itat all. man hes so soft now that hes not got loose hair everywhere.

Rusty wrote:
hunnybunnyi dont exactly understand what you meanby that. maybe its the chem midterm i had last night still in my mindand i cant think straight lol.

btw i tried the lint roller and it realy worked. and he didnt mind itat all. man hes so soft now that hes not got loose hair everywhere.

what i meant was .. you mentioned that you want to let Rusty exploreand you dont want to have to follow him around all the time so imsuggesting that instead of using a metre long lead tye a piece of ropeto the harness using a clip thing and take him for a wlak on thatinstead! hoep this clears it up!

i think it was just the chemistry that screwedup my head lol. thanks. i just bought a new harness, its a kittenharness. i brought him to the pet store and put it on and it fits himreally well. oh and i got it in light blue. itll look so cute. theother one i had was a burgundy colour. but o well. he looks sodashing... my little knight in shining armor lol. he binkies when i sayhes handsome :baghead

Back