Quick question about Rabbit Food

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yourillusion

Reaction score
I am currently feeding both of my bunnies Big Red Rabbit food I buy at Southern States, it's what Bugz's breeder recommended when we bought Bugz from her. My question is this Since Bugz is a Flemmish I understand his needs are different as in protein and such, this is what the food contains Big Red Rabbit Food
18% Protein / 2% Fat / 16% Fiber, Now since we have a much smaller bunny and his age is unknown, is this food ok for him also, or do we need to get him his own food?

Thanks, Heather

Check with Gentle Giants (she breeds Flemish )and some of the other breeders, but that sounds like way too much protein and not much fiber. Usually for the average alfalfa pellet you're looking for something with 16% protein and at least 18% fiber, more fiber is better. If I remember correctly, most Flemish owners here feed a normal alfalfa pellet (or low protein timothy when they're adults) along with a small amount of Calf Mannafor extra energy.

Adults can have less protein and in my experience often do better with low protein pellets. Again, more fiber is better.I'd definately get the new bunny different food, and maybe switch your Flemish too.

Bugz isn't a year old yet, and we give him plenty of Hay, not sure if that makes a difference or not. I just found this same company different blend Performance Plus Rabbit Pellets 16% or 18% Protein / 2.5% Fat / 20% Fiber

Latest posts

Back