Questions about the timing of kindling

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neejchee

Reaction score
Hi all, today is day 30 from the only possible time Miranda and Sammy could potentially have done the dirty, and although i still have no idea whether i got them separated in time or not, i have a few questions about timing that I'm hoping some of you will answer for me. The info I've found online is mixed.

I know 31 days is normal, but how late can a rabbit pregnancy go? I'd like to know when i can safely assume no babies will be coming.

I've read a lot saying that right on the 31st day is the most common, and also that it usually happens overnight. Does that mean the night OF the 31st day, or the kits are FOUND on the 31st day and were therefore born overnight of the 30th?

Does the breed and/or size of the rabbit make ANY difference to the length of pregnancy, or whether they're likely to be on the early or late side?

Does it make a difference that it's a first pregnancy like it does in humans?

Ummmm, I think that's all for now. Thanks so much for reading and any responses! Logically I want there not to be kits, because it was not planned and I'm perfectly happy with my two, and it would allow me to get Miranda spayed next week. That said, now that we approach the day of finally knowing, a part of me is internally squeeing over the thought of teensie tiny little puddin's! I'm fairly sure that if there are babies I won't be able to let them leave and will be overrun by bunnies, so it really is best if she's not pregnant!

If they got together and even bred once it is more than likely she is pregnant. It does depend on the rabbit as to when they give birth I have had some at 28 days and others at 34.
From what I know breed doesn't effect the duration of the pregnancy, it depends on the diet and individual rabbit, only the litter size is effected by breed.
If she is expecting and you feel her stomach, she will most probably be swollen and her teats may already have milk in them.
Goodluck

I'd say if by day 35 you have no babies then she probably missed and you're safe.

Timing doesn't really depend on anything from what we can tell each doe and pregnancy is different

Back