Questions about friend's rabbit and food

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zaiya

Allison
Reaction score
I'm taking care of my friend's rabbit while they're gone on a short trip. I have two questions that maybe you guys could help me with.

1. What breed is he? My friend doesn't know, but he says that his Aunt and Uncle used to breed them for meat. His color is chestnut agouti. He's in a bad molt right now. Also, he's several years old, maybe 5-7.
2. Is this food OK? I remember reading somewhere that grains should be avoided. Not sure of the brand, but the contents are pellets, wheat, round green things (I've never known what they are), and probably some other ingredients. Maybe I can find the bag... If I do, I'll post a list of ingredients and the brand.

Here are some pics. So sorry they are bad quality and maybe sideways! I had to take pics with my phone then take pics of those with my tablet.

Thanks for any input!!

IMG_20130820_131156.jpg

IMG_20130820_131154.jpg

IMG_20130820_131148.jpg

IMG_20130820_131146.jpg

IMG_20130820_131130.jpg

IMG_20130820_131136.jpg

OK, the brand is Wild Harvest adult rabbit food. I'm guessing it's junk because of all of the extra stuff in it? The ingredients list is too long to re-list here.

Yeah, the food isn't great. Since it has all the stuff in it. Maybe when your friend gets back, you could suggest feeding something different. Just a plain pellet. If cost is a factor, Walmart sells Small World and its not a terrible food, its made by Manna Pro. I feed plain Manna Pro pellets from TSC.

As for breed, its sort of hard to tell from the pictures, but I would assume since its a meat rabbit that he's a big boy. Something like a New Zealand or NZ mix, or possibly a Flemish mix. Maybe someone else will be able to help with that!

Back