Questions about bunny chewing.....on her toilet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyLove06

Reaction score
My little girl, Daisy has developed an interest in chewing on her "long john". She only fairly recently started using it consistantly (within the last couple months, I'd say) so I definitely don't want to discourage the behavior.

She has lots of toys to play with. Boxes of all sizes, hard plastic measuring spoons, paper, paper towel tube rings.

I noticed that she developed an interest in chewing on the potty acoupleweeksback when small flecks of the bright green potty would end up all over the cage floor. No biggie I thought since my other bunny, Sammy chews on his potty (but no pieces come off).

Then, this morning I come out to feed them (seperate housing) and there is a nice chunck of Daisy's potty that is MIA. Its about 1.5 in wide by 1 in deep. Missing. And no trace of a big piece anywhere. Just little flecks. I don't know if it ended up getting dumped when her potty was cleaned. Or if it has been happening for a while (although I would like to think that I would notice a potty that chewed up).

At this point, I'm not sure what to do. Not worry about it, and replace the potty when it becomes too damaged?? Or find a different potty that she cannot destroy- but then what kind??

I really like that this potty attaches to the corner of the cage. She can sometimes wiggle it out, but for the most part it is securely attached.

Any ideas? :)

bunnies! apart from 24/7 observation:p have you tried those sprays which are supposed to keep pets from chewing. i used a lemon one when my dog was a pup. obviously you wouldnt spray it all over the litter box, but just a small dab on the chewed bit?.

try putting ' chewing' into the forum search bar - im sure i've seen vanilla mentioned as a deterent:? i would check this out tho'

edited for typos;)

Latest posts

Back