Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on each individual situation.In some cases, I've known of vets prescribing amox to rabbits, and therabbits subsequently dying. There are other horror stories --but it's the same with people. In general, being seen by the"doctor" is better than not going at all.

Pam

I will agree withPam , not only that ,you can teach the NonSavey the ropes and he can learnand know more for thenext rabbit through the door. The moreYou know the easier it will befor the non savey vet honestly .

What is the problem? Sometimes it is easy to"doctor"your rabbit yourself, depending on what the problem is. Somepeople here might be able to help.

I wouldn't let them do surgery on a rabbit, butif they are willing to listen to you then it would bealright. I recommend getting a good book like RabbitHealth in the 21st Century so you can show him how rabbits aretreated, what meds are okay and what treatments have been used before.

3 R Rabbitry wrote:
What is the problem? Sometimes it is easy to "doctor"yourrabbit yourself, depending on what the problem is. Some people heremight be able to help.

There is no problem:). I was just reading that it could cause more harm than good and just wanted some opinions.

Edit: Typo.

I must say that I agree...as long as the vet iswilling to admit that he/she is not rabbit savvy. My vetknows a lot about rabbits but some of the stuff I've had, she isn'tsure or just wants to be sure and has gone on the internet toresearch. I have the utmost respect for her because she iswilling to listen to me and do her own research.

If your bunny is sick and needs to go to the vet, find one who is willing to learn...not play guessing games.

Sharon

The vets my bunnies go to aren't exactly 'rabbitsavvy' but they know about them and are always giving me good adviceand have been taking care of my bunnies for 4 years. There is one vetthere who is brilliant with my bunnies ( he used to keep rabbits) buttheyall do a good job.I'd say as long as they knowwhat they are talking about they're ok.:D

Latest posts

Back