question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apis96

Reaction score
hi...i got some question here... i have 4 rabbit...2 male 2 female...i buy the the rabbit 18 mac 09 and the rabbit age is 1 month...so now the rabbits age is 4 mth..i put the rabbits seperately.male 1 cage and female 1 cage..after i seperate them,they start to fight and be chasing each other around the cage ....can they breed if i put male female one cage and the other one male female also....they only 4 month... :?:?:?:?:?:?

It is possible that they can breed at 4 months. Please, if they are mixed and not pedigreed I advise strongly against breeding. Also, your males should be seperated if they are not neutered-they are more likely to severely hurt eachother.

rabbits can breed at 4months... but i strongly disagree, if you wnat to breed, wait till 6/7 months.
the males together could fight when there older. if so separte the males later on at about 6months. same with the females

im not very experianced, but dyemond rabbitry is, so trust him/her.
so all rabbits should be on there own, separted

At four months I'm just scared since their little hormones are starting to kick in the bucks may really hurt eachother if they're both trying to be dominate.

DyemondRabbitry wrote:
At four months I'm just scared since their little hormones are starting to kick in the bucks may really hurt eachother if they're both trying to be dominate.
i had only a male and female mix... but i saw the dominece at 4 months now i think about it...:?

DyemondRabbitry wrote:
Depending on the breed or mix thereof, males may be mature now so fighting could get pretty vicious even at this age. They should probably be seperated ASAP

so,i must buy another 2 cage?

irishlops wrote:
rabbits can breed at 4months... but i strongly disagree, if you wnat to breed, wait till 6/7 months.
the males together could fight when there older. if so separte the males later on at about 6months. same with the females
what happen if the rabbit breed in 4 month?

The mother can die during birthing, and if they're brothers and sisters, you'll have a nest of trouble -- unhealthy, genetically unsound rabbits!

If you can get the type of wire panels you clamp or tie together to make cube shelving, or even chicken wire and wood and make something for them quickly, they REALLY need to be separated immediately.

There are a lot of links to caging ideas on here, I'll look for some.

sas :goodluck

Latest posts

Back